advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Any decent PowerPoint templates out there? (I know it's an oxymoron...)
Posted by: Bo
Date: February 22, 2008 06:51PM
So I've got to do a PowerPoint presentation (yuck) and the vast majority of PP templates our there seem to be pretty bad. Does anyone have any recommendations?

I've used these for Keynote before and am looking for anything similar for PowerPoint:

[www.keynotepro.com]

Clean simple lines, nice color palettes, hard edges, somewhat minimalist...

Any help appreciated...

-Bo
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Any decent PowerPoint templates out there? (I know it's an oxymoron...)
Posted by: space-time
Date: February 22, 2008 07:27PM
Since you like Keynote, can't you make the presentation in Keynote? I think the files are compatible with PPT. Or if you have to use PPT, can't you take a template from Keynote and use it in PPT?
Posted by: Bo
Date: February 22, 2008 08:06PM
The Keynote files do export to PowerPoint but a lot seems to get lost in the translation and you wind spending a lot of time monkeying around with them in PowerPoint to get what you want.

I suspect I will wind up doing exactly what you suggested...take one of the nice Keynote templates from keynotepro.com and exporting it without any content then building in PPT. I was just hoping someone out there might be selling decent PPT templates. Alas...that just may not be the case.

-Bo
Posted by: MysteryGuest
Date: February 23, 2008 01:48AM
Bo
The Keynote files do export to PowerPoint but a lot seems to get lost in the translation and you wind spending a lot of time monkeying around with them in PowerPoint to get what you want.

The last time I had to do a presentations for a Windows user, I was severely limited (to Times and Ariel) by the fact that the Mac version of PowerPoint wouldn't embed files for Windows use. Has that changed, and if so, at what version?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 108
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020