advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Did any one actually read the entire TOS before they clicked "I Agree"?
Posted by: Harbourmaster
Date: February 16, 2006 04:41PM
Well did ya?

There was only one little part that I wasn't thrilled with but you can't really blame larry for a little CYA.

You shall remain solely liable for the Content you upload or transmit to any Forum, message board, or any interactive areas on the Site. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless MacResource Forums and/or Price.com from any claim, action, demand, loss, expense or damages -including attorneys' fees- made or incurred by any third party arising out of or relating to your conduct, your violation of these terms and conditions, or your violation of any rights of a third party. In the event that you have a dispute with one or more users, you release MacResource Forums and/or Price.com -and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries and employees- from claims, demands and damages -actual and consequential- of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.

I'm not a lawer but if I'm reading this right it means that if somebody here goes "postal" and starts stalking you, harassing you, holds your family for ransom or whatever you can't blame Macresources and sue them.
Likewise if you misbehave here and somebody comes after you with an Attorney you can't come after Larry and the gang to pay your bills.

So behave yourself and everything will be fine!

Aloha, Ken

“I have developed significant attachments to several members even though I wouldn't recognize them if I sat next to one on a park bench. I'm often tempted when in an airport to walk around, hollering "The Løpe", to see if anyone other than the Homeland Security people will acknowledge me. ” - The Løpe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2006 06:14PM by Harbourmaster.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Did any one actually read the entire TOS before they clicked "I Agree"?
Posted by: Randalls
Date: February 16, 2006 04:56PM
Thats what Harry Whittington thought.
Posted by: JJ
Date: February 16, 2006 05:02PM
I didn't.
Posted by: billb
Date: February 16, 2006 05:06PM
Yes.

If Larry wants my first-born, I'll help with one way transportation.
Posted by: timg
Date: February 16, 2006 05:12PM
Yes, I read it.
Posted by: Refurbvirgin
Date: February 16, 2006 05:15PM
The line that "Stuffed Shirt" used in advising me was curiously missing, and would really help establish a more civilized tone:

"State your opinions, and keep your comments about other members, or references TO them, OUT OF YOUR POSTS."
Posted by: bangman
Date: February 16, 2006 05:57PM
billb, that killed. Nice work.

---------
3GHz - The clock is STILL ticking Steve.
Posted by: S.Taylor
Date: February 16, 2006 05:58PM
Also looks like if you follow someone's (bad) advice on the forum, you can't sue Macresource.
Posted by: Fritz
Date: February 16, 2006 05:59PM
legally, anything on line you sign and agree to, can't hold up in court.
think about it

!#$@@$#!

If there are spelling issues, please pardon, Owen the cat is sitting on my keyboard.
Posted by: microchip13
Date: February 16, 2006 06:00PM
I read it. But if I recall, it would serve as a legally binding contract right?

I'm not 18. I'm not bound to the TOS. Or at least under the current circumstances.

Just because it has two clutches, shifts faster, uses a torque converter or has near-infinite gear ratios, requires less driver intervention and is more efficient doesn't make it better in my opinion.
Save The Manual Transmission
Posted by: sscutchen
Date: February 16, 2006 06:28PM
Did I actually read what?

Oh wait, I need to finish your subject line.

Don't ask who the bell's for, dude. It's you.
Posted by: blooz
Date: February 16, 2006 06:33PM
I skimmed it. Comprehended, but retained no memory of it.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.
—Friedrich Nietzsche
Western Massachusetts
Posted by: wurm
Date: February 16, 2006 06:51PM
rv, Stuffed Shirt's advice is great and it would be wonderful if everyone heeded it. And more power to you if you do so. However, being only advice, I guess it doesn't really fit in a TOS (unfortunately).
Posted by: Refurbvirgin
Date: February 16, 2006 07:37PM
wurm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> rv, Stuffed Shirt's advice is great and it would
> be wonderful if everyone heeded it. And more power
> to you if you do so. However, being only advice, I
> guess it doesn't really fit in a TOS
> (unfortunately).

Why not just post it as a subhead under "Friendly Political Ranting?"

Posted by: michaelb
Date: February 16, 2006 08:01PM
Just to be clear:

"You agree to indemnify" macresource forums means that if someone sues them over your conduct, that you will join in the lawsuit on behalf of the macresource forum, and defend them, including hiring an attorney for them. At least that is what "indemnify" usually means (and I am not an insurance company lawyer).
Posted by: davester
Date: February 16, 2006 08:01PM
I only read as far as the part about the free 60 gb video iPod. I then checked that selection and clicked submit. Who else selected "free iPod" before clicking the submit button?

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: WHiiP
Date: February 16, 2006 08:06PM
drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley

grinning smiley

Bill
Flagler Beach, FL 32136

Carpe Vino!

Fermentation may have been a greater discovery than fire.
— David Rains Wallace
Posted by: Kiva
Date: February 16, 2006 08:23PM
as i understand it, as these TOS and the like go, it still doesn't protect a company from being sued if they are negligent. For example, if you go parasailing and crash, etc. due to the company's negligence...it doesn't matter what you signed..

at least, that's what I was told...

kiva

----------------------
Posted by: Phy
Date: February 16, 2006 10:00PM
Yes, I read the thing.
Not that it will constrain certain people...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 63
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020