advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Seagate 300GB Hard drive $69.99 AR @ Fry's, $79.99 AR @ Outpost - ONE DAY ONLY!
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: February 20, 2006 01:18PM
Seagate 300GB ATA100 IDE Hard drive $69.99 AR @ Fry's, $79.99 AR @ Outpost - ONE DAY ONLY!

300. . .really is a magic number, non?

Fry's in Dallas/Fort Worth has the Seagate 300GB Ultra ATA/100 IDE Hard drive for $129.99 - $60 in rebates (2) for a price of $69.99. Fry's ad says One Day Only, and both rebates are good for today only.

Fry's ad link:

[newspaperads.dfw.com]

$50 rebate:

[image.ak.outpost.com]

$10 rebate:

[image.ak.outpost.com]

Outpost.com has it for $139.99 - $60 = $79.99 AR
Stock #4280824

AND FREE Shipping (Outpost usually charges for shipping)
NOTE: They use Airborne Express.

Capacity: 300GB
Seek Time: 8.5ms
7200RPM
8MB Buffer
5 Years Limited Manufacturer Warranty

[EARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">shop1.outpost.com]

Outpost.com has the links for the rebates also.

Usually Dallas/Ft.Worth sale items are also available in Northern California as well.

Seagate drives have a 5 year warranty, and for me, the rebates for Seagate have been received (though at one point people did have issues with them).

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2006 01:24PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Seagate 300GB Hard drive $69.99 AR @ Fry's, $79.99 AR @ Outpost - ONE DAY ONLY!
Posted by: wowzer
Date: February 20, 2006 06:15PM
Newton,

Perfect timing! I was just asked by a friend to setup a large capacity HD for him. Now I need to find a good USB2 case to house this monster!

All I ever really needed to know, I learned from watching Star Trek.
Re: Seagate 300GB Hard drive $69.99 AR @ Fry's, $79.99 AR @ Outpost - ONE DAY ONLY!
Posted by: rexrzer
Date: February 20, 2006 07:27PM
Airborne Express is a great shipper. I've had an account with them for more than 14 years, and they've always been stellar performers with my shipments. I know DHL has taken its fair share of bad press in these forum pages, but I also have excellent luck with DHL as a shipper...since the merger with Airborne my rates have gone down about 15% overall, and the service has been spectacular. Often my customers get their shipments a day or two early on Ground shipping, to everywhere but Florida, where they get there on time.

That $80 price point on the Seagate 300GB ATA/100 HD is the lowest yet, by some $20 compared to what the net was on my last two, $100 each. If you file for a Seagate rebate, be SURE and keep copies of everything, that is the rebate form, the instructions, and most importantly the UPC code/serial number, and the sales receipt. Be sure and CIRCLE the HD on the receipt copy you submit also, that is circle the transaction and price you paid. Believe it or not that's one of the stipulations of the rebate offers from Seagate.

There's an #800 telephone number to check on your rebate status, and you should do so after about 4 weeks, if you don't get the check by then. Be sure and put your telephone number on the rebate application/form, because the rebate status is keyed to your telephone number, and nothing else.

Good luck, and may the rebate Gods shine on thou!

What's the difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make some sense.
Posted by: fmgtech
Date: February 20, 2006 08:50PM
Probably unfounded, but I just don't feel comfortable having a one day window for the rebate. Just seems like it would be easy to foul up something. Maybe not.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: February 20, 2006 11:54PM
I just found out that towards the end of the day the outpost.com price dropped so that it was also $69.99. . .

I wonder if they will credit me the difference?

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 222
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020