advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
The current list of lawsuits against Apple
Posted by: pRON aHOLIC
Date: February 20, 2006 01:55PM
Some older ones from last year and new ones for 2006 including the people who don't realize an ipod on full blast can cause hearing loss.

[www.thinksecret.com]

-------------------------------------------------------

Join team 38910 folding! [folding.stanford.edu] multi cpu-[calxalot.homeip.net]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: The current list of lawsuits against Apple
Posted by: microchip13
Date: February 20, 2006 02:02PM
Wow.

IT seems as though everyone hates Apple because they're too good.

Just because it has two clutches, shifts faster, uses a torque converter or has near-infinite gear ratios, requires less driver intervention and is more efficient doesn't make it better in my opinion.
Save The Manual Transmission
Posted by: Racer X
Date: February 20, 2006 02:12PM
That's what happens when everyone knows you have a fat checkbook.
Posted by: Silencio
Date: February 20, 2006 02:32PM
Leechonomics at its finest.
Posted by: PeterB
Date: February 20, 2006 03:14PM
Hate to be the sole dissenter, but I saw at least one lawsuit there that I'm *happy* was filed.

It's the one about the yo-yo adapters. I have a few of these, and the cord defect is real (gets sparking, then dies). Apple really should have recalled these, and will not accept them as trade-ins (but curiously DID recall the black brick ones, many of which apparently function properly)... I sent in the paperwork on that one, but still have yet to receive anything back. Ironically, I sent in one of the black brick ones... and what did they send me back, but... a yo-yo! winking smiley

Agreed that lawsuits should be a course of last resort, but if you have a company that sells a defective product, and they refuse to take it back, I'm not sure what other choice you have (other than not buying from them again)...

More info here, including a link to the forms: [www.tuaw.com]

Edit: I just discovered that apparently all the info on the website pertains to the black brick, and NOT the yo-yo's? And yet the links above specifically mention the yo-yo's. This is odd... wonder if anyone can clear this up. I was surprised when I saw the bit about the yo-yo's, because to be the best of my knowledge previously, the only thing that was going on with it was this: [www.petitiononline.com]

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2006 03:18PM by PeterB.
Posted by: Carm
Date: February 20, 2006 03:16PM
This one is what people complain about on DM forum.
Why not sue Drive Manufactures to get this issue resolved.

Giles et. al. v. Apple Computer, Inc. - Filed December 23, 2005, this lawsuit alleges false advertising on Apple's 100GB hard drive PowerBook configurations (12-inch 1.5GHz, 15-inch 1.67GHz) because Apple failed to include the standard hard drive disclaimer than for purposes of specifications, 100GB is measured as 1,000,000,000 bytes (the hard drive's actual size is slightly less). The plaintiffs are seeking restitution and other relief. Apple's response is not yet due.

Carm
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 106
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020