advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
90% off on Valentine's stuff at my local Target
Posted by: rgG
Date: February 20, 2006 02:41PM
I was in one of our local Target stores today and noticed that any of the Valentine's Day stuff was 90% off. I didn't get any candy, I didn't see any. The greatest deal was on women's socks. Why you would need to make special socks for Valentine's day, I'm not quite sure. Since most were just black socks with maybe a heart pattern or some decoration around the top which won't be seen, I jumped on a bunch of them, with both feet. grinning smiley
Where else could I get nice black with a subtle pattern socks for 29-39¢ a pair. Woo Hoo, my feet will be toasty now.

They also had some men's Valentine's print boxers and some tee shirts with Valentine's sayings for 90% off. If you are near a Target, you might want to check it out. Each Target seems to do the 90% mark-down on their own schedule, so YMMV.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 90% off on Valentine's stuff at my local Target
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: February 20, 2006 02:45PM
. . .i must confess to being an "after. .." buyer. . .

after Easter. ..

after Halloween. . .

etc.

they mark candy, wrapping paper, etc. .. WAY down. . .those are the best times to buy.

The non-perishable items like wrapping paper can keep. . .

otherwise, they charge you an arm & leg BEFORE the holiday for the same things. . .

makes sense. . .NON?

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Gutenberg
Date: February 20, 2006 03:00PM
Makes perfect sense, but the problem is half the time I forget I have all that stuff down cellar, and so I go out again before the holiday and buy stuff at retail. Duh.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: February 20, 2006 03:14PM
Nothing is better in a chocolate fountain than stale Peeps (according to the wife). Can't wait till after Easter....
Date: February 20, 2006 03:15PM
You don't even want to see the closet where I have all the 90 off wrapping paper and bags and bows. I try to by mostly the non-Christmas looking paper and bags so that I can use it throughout the year. And the bags of bows can always be used whenever. I love the after whatever holiday sales at Target.

I often wind up buying some of the stuff when they put it at 75% off and then picking up anything else that is left when they put it at 90% off. It can be quite picked over by the time it gets to 90% off.

Edit: RacerX-I scored a box of Valentine's Peeps over the weekend at the SuperTarget for 24¢.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2006 03:17PM by rgG.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: February 20, 2006 03:20PM
With all that money you are saving, get any new holliday thongs?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2006 03:20PM by Racer X.
Date: February 20, 2006 03:33PM
Racer X Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> With all that money you are saving, get any new
> holliday thongs?
>
I didn't see any of those, and you would think with it being Valentine's day and all they would have had some. grinning smiley

Posted by: trisho.
Date: February 20, 2006 03:53PM
My friend in Florida usually drags me kicking and screaming to go shopping at Target's after-Christmas sales when I'm home for the holiday. I'm serious, it's almost a full on argument, but I adore him so I go anyway.

That's when he also stocks up on gift wrap. It's a three hour ordeal and I would maim him but then I remember that he has the car keys...
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: February 20, 2006 04:07PM
I do the same with wrapping paper. .. I get the "neutral" one so that they can be used for other holidays. . .

. . .I do the same for thongs. . .

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 121
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020