advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Apple New Product Rumors (hey, they have to start somewhere)
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: February 24, 2006 09:33AM
Here's what I want from Apple:

Apple Spaceport. I've been hawking this for years; Apple will have its own satellite-based broadband service serving the Mac community via a geosynchronous satellite. Every Mac will have the option of a Spaceport Card, giving them broadband access everywhere they go in North America (sorry Hawaii & Alaska).

iPod boombox. This will be a boombox-style iPod -- not a dock, but an iPod in and of itself that connects & syncs to your Mac's iTunes, just like a normal iPod.

iPod speakerbox. A joint venture with Tivoli, it will look a lot like the Tivoli PAL ( [www.sibler-shop.ch] ) but will have an iPod screen/clickwheel instead of the radio dial. Again, it will be an iPod in and of itself. Full spectrum sound from a single speaker. More durable than the boombox (and certainly moreso than the iPod personal line), it'll be targeted for those who take their "radios" out for gardening, into the shop, to the beach, etc.

iPod portal. Finally, Apple will introduce an iPod that includes a telephone and more robust PDA. Nearly the same size as the original iPod (1G) but longer, it will offer an impressive touchpad screen that changes image depending on your useage (phone, PDA, iPod music, iPod video). It will be made of durable titanium with a lexan-type screen to REDUCE SCRATCHES. The phone will work via the iPod's headphones, which will have a built-in microphone. Apple will also offer a Bluetooth option for headphones.

Mac PADD. Much like the PADD (Personal Access Display Device) as seen in STAR TREK (hey, they bought the rights to use Mighty Mouseā„¢, didn't they?) ( [www.geocities.com] and [www.geocities.com] ), this will be a tablet Mac. All the functionality of a Macintosh using pen and touch based input.

There, that's my shopping list. Oh, and they'll make a Mac mini with the whole dual core Intel chip thingy so I can have the power of my G5 dual 2GHz in a package as small as a mini.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2006 09:39AM by Zoidberg.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Apple New Product Rumors (hey, they have to start somewhere)
Posted by: Refurbvirgin
Date: February 24, 2006 12:07PM
Still no Powerbook airbags. :-(
Posted by: pRON aHOLIC
Date: February 24, 2006 12:46PM
If they made the phone I would buy it.

-------------------------------------------------------

Join team 38910 folding! [folding.stanford.edu] multi cpu-[calxalot.homeip.net]
Posted by: Mike Johnson
Date: February 24, 2006 03:26PM
I want a MacMiniHD driving my teevee.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 74
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020