advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Elephants - B/W warning
Posted by: voodoopenguin
Date: July 02, 2008 10:23AM

There are 53 painted elephants dotted around the city of Norwich for the summer. I only saw a few today as I didn't have much time but it was wonderful to see kids and adults delight in looking and touching them, many children were hugging them. I didn't get many pictures with people as every time i tried they would back off quickly thinking I just wanted a photo of the elephant. I will be back in a week or so to try and do the complete elephant trail and try and get a few candid shots.

Some have been painted by professional artists and others by groups of children from schools. The one outside the cathedral was painted by children at the Moti School in Kenya. Most have a definite message to their artwork. They have all been sponsored by various groups and companies around the city and at the end of the summer will be auctioned off for charity. I would love to have one in my garden but feel they will go for much more than I could afford.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Elephants - B/W warning
Posted by: slbett
Date: July 02, 2008 10:31AM
Thanks VooDoo. My grandson just loves elephants. I will show them these shots and looking forward to more.
Posted by: rgG
Date: July 02, 2008 10:54AM
A town near us did the same thing with large butterflies. My daughter was chosen by her school's art department to paint one. We haven't gotten to see all of them after they were installed, but we are looking forward to it later this summer.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 02, 2008 11:02AM
. . .they do something similiar here in NY. . .it was cows. . .and currently statue of liberties I believe. . .

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: July 02, 2008 11:25AM
Hey, those are pretty cool! Thanks for sharing.

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: Harbourmaster
Date: July 02, 2008 12:11PM
Painted Pygmy Pachyderms!

Aloha, Ken

“I have developed significant attachments to several members even though I wouldn't recognize them if I sat next to one on a park bench. I'm often tempted when in an airport to walk around, hollering "The Løpe", to see if anyone other than the Homeland Security people will acknowledge me. ” - The Løpe

"If there is any fixed star in our constitutional constellation, it is that no official, high or petty, can prescribe what shall be orthodox in politics, nationalism, religion, or other matters of opinion, or force citizens to confess by word or act their faith therein. If there are any circumstances which permit an exception, they do not now occur to us." Justice Robert Jackson
Posted by: Black Landlord
Date: July 02, 2008 01:53PM
NewtonMP2100
. . .they do something similiar here in NY. . .it was cows. . .and currently statue of liberties I believe. . .
We had cows a few years ago in Chicago.
I think the next year they tried to do ping pong tables but it just confused everyone.
Kind of lost trac since, although there seem to be a lot of decorated bicycles on N Michigan Ave this year.
Posted by: olnacl
Date: July 03, 2008 05:35AM
Black Landlord
NewtonMP2100
We had cows a few years ago in Chicago.
I think the next year they tried to do ping pong tables but it just confused everyone.
Kind of lost trac since, although there seem to be a lot of decorated bicycles on N Michigan Ave this year.
And MKE had cows a few years ago too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 163
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020