advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Will this McAffee employee get fired? Yes No? ;-)
Posted by: samintx
Date: February 27, 2006 04:39AM
[www.pcworld.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Will this McAffee employee get fired? Yes No? ;-)
Posted by: kap
Date: February 27, 2006 05:23AM
Yea!

Kap

SoCal for now.
Posted by: MacMagus
Date: February 27, 2006 05:24AM
It was the independent auditor from Deloitte & Touche, not the McAfee employees. The McAfee employees are the ones who now have to deal with looming identity theft.

Deloitte & Touche kept the loss a secret for a month while they tried to play pass-the-buck.

If it were not for disclosure laws, they would probably have never revealed the incident.
Posted by: hal
Date: February 27, 2006 05:54AM
Deloitte will NOT be fired...
Posted by: WHiiP
Date: February 27, 2006 06:07AM
Touche may have to change his name . . . maybe change the T to a D . . . grinning smiley

drinking smiley cheers

Bill
Flagler Beach, FL 32136

Carpe Vino!

Fermentation may have been a greater discovery than fire.
— David Rains Wallace
Posted by: Jimmypoo
Date: February 27, 2006 07:12AM
>>Deloitte will NOT be fired...

but that "Touche-bag" guy WILL be!
Posted by: Michael
Date: February 27, 2006 08:26AM
A bit OT, but this is why I'm in favor of the laws that allow us to shut down our credit files.

GA has a proposal in committee. I'm notifying my local legislator that it's a critical issue for me.

I dealt with a rather minor identity theft years ago (cell phone opened up 1500 miles from where I live--it was easy to dispute); I'd hate to deal with a major one.
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: February 27, 2006 09:46AM
I love how in this goddamn day and age of communication these farking companies still use the USPS to inform people of problems.

I jumped ship @ Earthlink years ago when, after they had a problem billing my credit card, they sent me a letter to let me know. When I called to straighten everything out, I found out they mailed me a letter to let me know -- my account got cancelled all because I didn't receive the letter until six weeks after they mailed it (and the letter was sent after the third attempt to bill, which was already weeks after the bill date).

I was dumbfounded -- in addition to my phone and fax numbers, they HAVE MY EMAIL ADDRESS BECAUSE THEY WERE MY ISP! When I asked why they didn't just e-mail me the guy said simply "we don't do it that way".

I also had a major run-in with Discover Card regarding identity theft. Long story short, a card got issued to an old address, it was live when it was received; it was used and run up to the tune of about $3000. Took me about six years, hours upon hours of phone calls, and a lot of lost work time to straighten it all out.
Posted by: Jimmypoo
Date: February 27, 2006 10:13AM
Zoid,

Tell us how you really feel!

(oh come on! Everyone else would have gone for it if I hadn't got here first!!)
Posted by: Seacrest
Date: February 27, 2006 10:45AM
Zoid, the other problem is that these companies send out so much junk mail -- all marked URGENT, mind you -- that when a legitimate piece of 'official' mail comes in, you end up ignoring it.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: February 27, 2006 11:13AM
In the industry, that audit company IS nicknamed Toilet and @#$%&. They aren't very well respected.
Posted by: hal
Date: February 27, 2006 04:48PM
ziod - they used to inform people by email but far too many don't use their elnk email...

to call you would require an expense they don't want to take on.
MICHAEL

me too - tell me more. Since I had to deal with ID theft much worse than yours, I've been wondering why the hell i don't own my own data. WHy should TRW make money on my private data?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 399
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020