advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
iTMS Videos and the iPod = ratings boost
Posted by: MEG
Date: February 27, 2006 09:39AM
Saw this in an EW article on NBC's The Office. Looks like the iTMS and the iPod are getting credit for a ratings boost:

Viewership leaped to 7.7 million last fall [up from 5.4 million last spring], prompting NBC to order a full season. The tipping point came on Dec. 6, when the show was made available on iTunes (the same day the iPod-centric ''Christmas Party'' episode aired): It immediately took up several slots on iTunes' top 10 TV downloads, often outpacing ABC's megahits Lost and Desperate Housewives. ''The core buyer of the iPod lines up nicely with the core viewer of The Office,'' says Reilly, who's heard much anecdotal evidence of young converts who first saw the show on a friend's iPod. Novak is more succinct: ''It's visual word of mouth.'' A couple million of those new fans followed The Office when NBC moved it to Thursdays in January, and now the comedy averages 9.1 million viewers a week.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: iTMS Videos and the iPod = ratings boost
Posted by: Stavs
Date: February 27, 2006 09:41AM
I like this show alot. I have never seen the original BBC version, nor do I care to do so. Steve Carrel does an excellent job and I like the quirky characters. Its a fun little show.

Stavs
Re: iTMS Videos and the iPod = ratings boost
Posted by: BigGuynRusty
Date: February 27, 2006 04:42PM
Stavs Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I like this show alot. I have never seen the
> original BBC version, nor do I care to do so.
> Steve Carrel does an excellent job and I like the
> quirky characters. Its a fun little show.
>
> Stavs

Good idea, don't see the BBC version, it is so much better than the NBC version that you will pluck your eyeballs out rather then subject yourself to the NBC version.

I love Steve Carrel's work, but NBC just made their version so totally humorless.

BGnR
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 113
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020