advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Intel.com Webpage on "Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950"-New Mini's Graphics Chipset
Posted by: rexrzer
Date: February 28, 2006 06:07PM
[www.intel.com]

Maybe you techhies can figure out these specifications, because it's a mystery to me. There'a also a Product Brief (pdf 160mb document) to download, if you want. This is what's going into the new Mac Minis, courtesy of XLR8YOURMAC.com.

What's the difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make some sense.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Intel.com Webpage on "Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950"-New Mini's Graphics Chipset
Posted by: Baby Tats
Date: February 28, 2006 07:12PM
It was built from the ground up and fully optimized as a hardware codec for h.264 (by most accounts the finest mp4 codec available for video)

This is the dirty little secret that nobody is talking about. It is what makes me think that the mini is just one small step away from being the home media center. The GMA950 will be able to encode 3 or more streams of hi-def, compress them, and write them to disk while decoding another stream of hi-def and outputting it. All the while the cpu can crunch an mp3 or run the GUI. I can't wait to see it in action. A true TiVo killer.

Ah @#$%& nevermind. It will probably suck like most graphics systems that use shared system memory. But a guy can dream.

BT

Signed parental releases are on file for all tattooed minors.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 332
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020