advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Connecting Nokia phone to PC
Posted by: h'
Date: March 01, 2006 09:21PM
Anyone done it? Does it work well? Will I get a nice neat file containing the contents of my contacts list?
Very little info out there in webland. I ordered a data cable but it will be a week or more til it comes.

I don't suppose there's a chance in hell this will work via VPC on a mac?

I suffer from the same sensitivity that you do. A few nuggets of wisdom were shared with me and I'm "trying" to incorporate them into my life. First, remember that nobody can hurt your feelings unless you let them. You can always reject what is being forced on you emotionally.
Second, nothing changes unless you change it. If you don't want the behavior to be repeated then you need to take action. Otherwise the kid has learned that his behavior is the way to get things done, because everyone lets him get away with it.
In the meantime I sympathize because I've been there.
-beerman
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Connecting Nokia phone to PC
Posted by: BigGuynRusty
Date: March 01, 2006 09:36PM
Which Nokia phone?

BGnR
Posted by: Harbourmaster
Date: March 01, 2006 09:53PM
Not without some software it won't.

Aloha, Ken

“I have developed significant attachments to several members even though I wouldn't recognize them if I sat next to one on a park bench. I'm often tempted when in an airport to walk around, hollering "The Løpe", to see if anyone other than the Homeland Security people will acknowledge me. ” - The Løpe
Date: March 01, 2006 10:18PM
Yes, software. Free downloads, plus cable comes with CD, easy as pie. Was that a joke?

Nokia 6560. There appear to be at least 20 models that use the same cable and software.

I suffer from the same sensitivity that you do. A few nuggets of wisdom were shared with me and I'm "trying" to incorporate them into my life. First, remember that nobody can hurt your feelings unless you let them. You can always reject what is being forced on you emotionally.
Second, nothing changes unless you change it. If you don't want the behavior to be repeated then you need to take action. Otherwise the kid has learned that his behavior is the way to get things done, because everyone lets him get away with it.
-beerman
Date: March 01, 2006 10:37PM
From the Nokia site.:
Nokia PC Suite is a collection of powerful tools that you can use to manage your phone's features and data. PC Suite consists of the following components:
Nokia Application Installer
Nokia Content Copier
Nokia Image Converter
Nokia PC Sync
Nokia Phone Browser
Nokia Phone Editor
Nokia Sound Converter

The link.:
[www.nokiausa.com]

BGnR
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: March 01, 2006 10:42PM
BitPim software does not support Nokia...and from reading around Nokia requires a proprietary software program that is not cheap. For that reason, I replaced a lost Nokia with a LG that plays very nice with BitPim.

Added: After looking at the above link...okay, expensive in terms that it requires a mac user to use a PC and Windows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2006 10:44PM by Markintosh.
Date: March 01, 2006 11:23PM
All my Nokia's that I own and support (5) work seamlessly with my Mac's.
BlueTooth and iSync.

BGnR
2X3650
2X6600
1X6260
Date: March 02, 2006 12:29AM
BigGuynRusty Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> From the Nokia site.:
> Nokia PC Suite is a collection of powerful tools
> that you can use to manage your phone's features
> and data. PC Suite consists of the following
> components:
> Nokia Application Installer
> Nokia Content Copier
> Nokia Image Converter
> Nokia PC Sync
> Nokia Phone Browser
> Nokia Phone Editor
> Nokia Sound Converter
>
> The link.:
>
>
> BGnR

Yes thank you, I've been all over that information and backwards and forwards through every .pdf I can find.
I was looking for someone with personal experience.
My communication skills must suck bad tonight.

-beerman
Date: March 02, 2006 12:32AM
BigGuynRusty Wrote:
> All my Nokia's that I own and support (5) work
> seamlessly with my Mac's.
> BlueTooth and iSync.
>
> BGnR
> 2X3650
> 2X6600
> 1X6260

That's great but doesn't have any bearing on what I asked.
My Nokia has infrared but can only send individual "business cards" that way. I want to suck out my entire contact list which is over 300 entries.
I know you're trying to help, but please assume that the poster has done a hair of work before filling up the thread with random info and making it look like it's all taken care of.

-beerman
Date: March 02, 2006 12:33AM
Markintosh Wrote:
> BitPim software does not support Nokia...and from
> reading around Nokia requires a proprietary
> software program that is not cheap. For that
> reason, I replaced a lost Nokia with a LG that
> plays very nice with BitPim.
>
> Added: After looking at the above link...okay,
> expensive in terms that it requires a mac user to
> use a PC and Windows.
>
>
>
> Edited 1 times. Last edit at 03/01/06 10:44PM by
> Markintosh.

At 10:18 I posted that the software was on its way to me on CDs and was also available per free download.
I'm starting to think something's up with the forum software maybe . . .

-beerman

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2006 12:34AM by h'.
Posted by: MGS_forgot_password
Date: March 02, 2006 08:15AM
PC Suite is a piece of crap, but it usually works.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 135
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020