advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
I guess I'm screwed - USB headset follow up
Posted by: Spiff
Date: August 29, 2008 08:39AM
Here's the link to previous question... This is a followup for those who read and were remotely curious.

[forums.macresource.com]

No takers, apparently. No surprise, as it's a weird problem.

Spent 2 hours on the phone yesterday with Microsoft and let them take control of my computer to do diagnostics. They could not understand why the USB headset was not being recognized. Apparently all the drivers are installed. The tech even tried to install different USB drivers to no avail. We eventually got cut off and they did not call back my contact number.

I then called Apple to see if there were issues with Boot Camp. Nada. Zip. Zero. Their statement was: If USB port works, then it should work in any OS if drivers are installed for that OS.

So here I am, with Dragon on my Boot Camp partition, but the USB headset won't work and thusly I can't use Dragon. Can't use the Audio In jack, either, as that requires a powered source and headsets aren't powered (I discussed that with Apple, too - see previous links in threads, as well). I suppose I can find a powered mic to use, though rather annoying to have to do that. Not as common. I would hate to have to re-install the winows OS as I've got special proprietary programs on it to allow me to connect to a Cisco router system. All that would be lost and IT would have to do it all over again. When they have time. Nuts.

Any thoughts? Thanks for reading my semi rant. =)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2008 09:12AM by Spiff.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 105
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020