advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
RadioShack USB Scale usage tip.
Posted by: BigGuynRusty
Date: March 03, 2006 01:39PM
Looked inside the bundles, it is making calls to Internet Exploder, changed my browser prefs to accommodate, Seems to work fine. Uses the current rates.

BGnR
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: RadioShack USB Scale usage tip.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: March 03, 2006 01:51PM
. . .when I get home. . .I'll have to look for the "bundles" are they were the "Others" are?

smiling smiley

seriously. ..I will look when I get home.

when I tried last night (with no internet connection) the USPS rates were the old ones. ..hope this means they can be easily updated. . .

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: sscutchen
Date: March 03, 2006 01:55PM
I didn't understand the comment in the earlier thread about using the old rates, 'cause the software is going to the provider's web pages and auto entering weight and from address... So it seems it should be as updated as the provider web site is.

Don't ask who the bell's for, dude. It's you.
Posted by: Cary
Date: March 03, 2006 01:57PM
BGnR,

Could you be a little more explicit, please? How do you look in the bundles? How did you change the browser prefs>

Thanks,

Cary
Posted by: Baby Tats
Date: March 03, 2006 02:11PM
Mine calls the dishwasher, the toaster, and 15 minutes ago it tried to call my wife at work by using the USB fax printer. I tried to admonish it for that by temporarily unplugging it. Which is when I noticed that the USB plug had fused with the USB port on my Mac as if the scale is beginning to assimilate my Mac; I figured WTH they belong together anyway.

I think I am going to drive 65 miles tonight and get the last one near me just for a backup in case this one dies. Although knowing the quality of RS goods I doubt it will ever happen. I may send my wife the other direction when she gets off of work to get one that is about 84.56 miles away. The guy at RS said it was broken, but I figure I could always use it for parts in case the other two fail. I offered him $20 to mail it to me but he said it was against store policy. He did say he would hide it behind the toilet in back though so that no one else could buy it which I thought was pretty cool of him. Maybe I will check frappr and see if anybody that lives over that way will get it for me and then overnight it to me.

BT

Signed parental releases are on file for all tattooed minors.
Posted by: DavidS
Date: March 03, 2006 04:28PM
I just got around to calling around. The 5 Radio Shack stores within 4 miles of me are all sold out. A store that is about 10 miles away has one left and is going to hold it for me to pick up tomorrow.

However, is it really worth it driving over to get it... I do have the cheapy Stamps.com free scale that goes up to 3# or so. Then again, it's on the way to Fry's also...
Date: March 03, 2006 04:30PM
@ the "wallet" forum. . .people who have the stamps.com scale say that this one is better.

Posted by: MacGurl
Date: March 03, 2006 05:04PM
Humm, I must be brain dead this afternoon, but I can't figure out where to find/configure my browser prefs to allow the scale software to work via Mozilla.

I *did* find that it it won't work under 10.4.2 - had to upgrade to 10.4.5 in order to at least get it to start registering weights, and not just giving me an error message. Can't get it to do any more beyond that though.

Kathy

Posted by: PeterB
Date: March 03, 2006 05:31PM
MacGurl, a-ha! I thought that might be it! (I had suggested to her privately that it might be...)

That kinda stinks though, because I'm in 10.4.2, and had been planning to stay for awhile...

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: BigGuynRusty
Date: March 03, 2006 07:25PM
"Bundles" are in the application.
Control+Click on the application, from the menu choose.:
"Show Package Contents"

You can root around inside the app.
It uses mostly applescript, so it will be easy to change what it calls.

To change your browser default, open Safari prefs and change it there.

BGnR
Posted by: Cary
Date: March 03, 2006 08:25PM
Thanks, BGnR!

Cary
Date: March 03, 2006 09:02PM
. . .I didn't do anything to mine and it already uses Safari (course I don't have Explorer on mine)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 166
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020