advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Refurb mini silent upgrades?
Posted by: endymion
Date: December 17, 2005 10:54AM
I'm wondering if anyone's had luck getting refurb Mac minis with the silent upgrade specs (1.33 or 1.5 Ghz, 64 MB VRAM, built-in Bluetooth/Airport Extreme). I know with new product you can check via the serial number to determine build date and hench likelihood of having silent upgrade; but I'm wondering if those have trickled down yet...

I've been waiting a while, want to get a mini with the wireless kit and with the refurb price at $380 and LA Computer Company selling the wireless kit for $70, it's been hard to resist; other than knowing if I wait just a little bit longer I might get 1.33Ghz and more VRAM.
g=
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Refurb mini silent upgrades?
Posted by: JJ_TKOB
Date: December 17, 2005 11:08AM
"if I wait just a little bit longer I might get 1.33Ghz and more VRAM."

Or, if you believe some of the rumor sights, you might get an all new Intel based mini.

Seriously though, I am curious about this too. Anyone get a mini from Amazon with silent upgrades?

Posted by: WHiiP
Date: December 17, 2005 01:21PM
I ordered and received a mini for my ex about two weeks ago , . . no silent upgrades. Top of the line 1.42 with SuperDrive but no upgrades . . . bummer.

drinking smiley cheers

Bill
Flagler Beach, FL 32136

Carpe Vino!

Fermentation may have been a greater discovery than fire.
— David Rains Wallace
Posted by: OWC Larry
Date: December 17, 2005 02:38PM
We got a couple mini refurbs to use for MW Expo next month.... no silent upgrades + was surprised that while they had Tiger DVDs included, had to install Tiger since only Panther was factory installed!

OWC Larry
Other World Computing
[www.macsales.com]
Posted by: JJ_TKOB
Date: December 17, 2005 02:41PM
Bummer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 98
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020