advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Quark 6 Question
Posted by: SteveO
Date: December 17, 2005 12:16PM
When I'm in a text box in Quark 6.0 on 10.3.9, I often click to place the cursor (so I can type) and end up with what looks like a scroll bar (!? wtf !?) in the middle of the box. I can make it go away if I go to Edit--Undo...but it is a total PITA. Any way to make this NOT happen?

TIA,
SteveO
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Quark 6 Question
Date: December 17, 2005 01:27PM
Also, is it possible to copy text in one 10.3.9 app (like TextEdit or Entourage) and paste into Quark 6? Thus far I'm not able to do that. Thanks for any insights.
Posted by: Mike Sellers
Date: December 17, 2005 01:51PM
I've never heard of the first problem. That's pretty strange. As for the second, the answer is definitely "yes" so I suspect something's seriously hosed with your Quark installation. First, try trashing the Quark preferences: Users>yourname>Library>Preferences>Quark. Just quit the program and toss that folder in the trash. Quark will build new preferences and you'll have to reset any custom settings. If that doesn't work, make sure you have the latest Quark updates applied. If that doesn't work, check which fonts you have activated. One may be corrupt and screwing up everything.

I assume you've done the traditional Repair Permissions, UNIX scripts, clean cache files, etc. If none of this works, running Disk Warrior wouldn't hurt.
Date: December 17, 2005 04:42PM
MMmmm, intriguing, Mike Sellers. Thanks a lot for the help. I will try all that and see what happens.
Posted by: Randalls
Date: December 17, 2005 09:41PM
Updating to 6.5 might help a lot.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 83
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020