advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Question about Amazon Prime
Posted by: rgG
Date: March 07, 2006 06:19PM
I received the offer from Amazon to sign up for a free 3-month trial of Amazon Prime. It says that it is easy to cancel before the 3 months is up. I was wondering if anyone here had signed up for the trial and then cancelled before they had to start paying. I may be making a major purchase and would like to take advantage of the $3.99 overnight shipping, but I just want to make sure it really is as easy to cancel as they say. Thanks for any input. grinning smiley

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2006 06:19PM by rgG.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Question about Amazon Prime
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: March 07, 2006 06:34PM
I signed up with that offer last year -- I like it so much I didn't cancel, and just last month renewed it. I know that's not quite what you asked, but I wanted to put in a kudos for the service.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2006 06:34PM by Zoidberg.
Posted by: Harbourmaster
Date: March 07, 2006 06:50PM
I did it.

Took the 3 months free offer before Xmas and it came in quite handy, canceled before the end of January, no problem.

Aloha, Ken

“I have developed significant attachments to several members even though I wouldn't recognize them if I sat next to one on a park bench. I'm often tempted when in an airport to walk around, hollering "The Løpe", to see if anyone other than the Homeland Security people will acknowledge me. ” - The Løpe
Posted by: Jimmypoo
Date: March 07, 2006 07:18PM
you will NOT be making any huge purchases that have a G in them!
Posted by: billb
Date: March 07, 2006 07:34PM
rgG may collect watches, rather than shoes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2006 07:37PM by billb.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: March 07, 2006 07:45PM
I UNchecked automatic renewal in my Amazon Prime account preferences, and Amazon canceled it automatically when the 3 months were up. They sent me two emails warning me that they were going to cancel it. And that was it. I didn't have to do a thing.

I loved the service and got so spoiled by it that I sometimes think about breaking down and paying for it. I just wish it was $39 and not $79.
Posted by: rgG
Date: March 07, 2006 07:45PM
Thanks for the info, except for you know poo.
$tevie, that is some really good info. If I do it I'll be sure to check that out.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2006 07:47PM by rgG.
Posted by: stephen
Date: March 07, 2006 07:57PM
I paid for it, and found it worth it.
Posted by: volcs0
Date: March 07, 2006 08:36PM
You can invite up to 4 family members to share as well. I have my parents and wife's parents included in our membership.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: March 07, 2006 09:00PM
That's an interesting piece of information, volcs0. I need to check that out.
Posted by: Mike Johnson
Date: March 08, 2006 12:31AM
I was thinking of getting it, so the three month trial was a no-brainer.

But

But I have had two major headaches with poor customer service at Amazon in the last month. I'm a loyal customer, have been buying stuff from them for many years, so I know it's not the norm.

I'm not talking about stuff bought in z Auctions or from affiliates like Target. This is stuff stocked by and shipped from Amazon. Or not shipped, as the case may be. I'm suddenly thinking, not only will I not sign up for Prime, I may even decide to stop shopping there altogether.

We'll see whether they try to resolve the current mess. If not, I may post a thread here, asking if I'm the only one having these kinds of problems. I hope I am.
Posted by: Gareth
Date: March 08, 2006 12:32AM
I also unchecked the auto-renewal box and it cancelled just fine (I unchecked it a day or two before the auto-renewal).

I actually found it to be worth it, but I figured I'd just pay for it when I make my next Amazon order and get a few extra weeks or months over it simply auto-renewing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 69
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020