advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
King Kong & Chronicles of Narnia.... just saw
Posted by: samintx
Date: December 17, 2005 06:57PM
Kong was great but needed to be cut about 30 minutes. Fights were too long with the dinasaurs. Chronicles was really great for kids. Adults will enjoy it too.

I watched a 10 yr old boy sitting by me during the movie. It was fun seeing his body move and tighten up during the fights and tense times.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: King Kong & Chronicles of Narnia.... just saw
Posted by: kanesa
Date: December 17, 2005 09:05PM
Just got back from seeing "King Kong". My exact words as I left the theater, needed to cut about 30 minutes. Otherwise, a good movie especially for special effects. Kong looked real.
Re: Brokeback Mountain
Posted by: samintx
Date: December 17, 2005 09:26PM
I'm taking bets that this movie will never make it to my Baptist/dry/bible belt town in Texas.
Posted by: Mactel
Date: December 18, 2005 12:34AM
We are all in agreement here. Kong was a pretty good movie but the dinosaur stuff was monotonous. Everyone in that landing party should have died like 5 times over.
Posted by: whitey
Date: December 18, 2005 03:32PM
I thought Kong sucked. It's a chick flick. But, so was the original, really. And the other remake.

Jack Black sucked. "Beauty killed the beast", blah, blah, blah.
Come on, destroy New York or something.
Posted by: Dick Moore
Date: December 18, 2005 09:55PM
Kong opinion from a couple of oldsters -- about a half-hour too long, but otherwise very good; and we agree that the dinosaur scenes just were over the top. No one should have survived. The bugs, on the other hand, were, well, too real. I was surprised by how effective the acting was, in particular Naomi Watts. The scenes with the "natives" were just not quite believeable at any level, and it's good that they were quickly dispensed with.

What it is, man, a low-down and funky feelin'
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 104
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020