advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Have refurb minis appeared in the Apple Store lately?
Posted by: Bimwad
Date: November 30, 2008 01:11AM
Since I upgraded, I don't regularly check the refurb section any more, but I'm now looking to snag a mini for a switcher. Just wondering how often those fleeting late night appearances still occur.

But I just might wait until MWSF and hope to be surprised but a mini ][.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Have refurb minis appeared in the Apple Store lately?
Posted by: SDGuy
Date: November 30, 2008 10:19AM
They were showing up almost exactly a month ago - I snagged one for $499 after talking my brother to switch (back) to Mac after a short detour through what turned out to be XP Hell for him.
Posted by: Panopticon
Date: November 30, 2008 11:25AM
The $499 C2D 1.83GHz model was available during the past week for a short time. They 'pop up' every week or so but sellout quickly.

You can get the same model NEW from Amazon for $544AR shipped free and no tax. [www.amazon.com]

btw, Apple ADDS tax to your order for most states.
But I just might wait until MWSF and hope to be surprised but a mini ][.
...wouldn't hold my breath for that surprise.

Posted by: sekker
Date: November 30, 2008 03:08PM
If you have any technical know-how, you can get a much better - and easier to upgrade - hackintosh for $400. Some of the cases look quite nice to me.

If Apple does not update the mac mini in early 2009, I will be making my first hackintosh as my G4 mac mini is getting long in the tooth as a media center machine.
Posted by: Bimwad
Date: December 02, 2008 02:50AM
A netbook Hackintosh might be fun, but in this case, I'd rather just get the full Apple experience. The switcher has been drawn into Apple stuff thru using an iPod touch, so a mini might make a good intro to replace one of his desktops.

Good to know they're still available, refurb or new, but Apple needs to update the mini.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 107
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020