advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
? RE: Sierra Wireless AirCard 881
Posted by: Harbourmaster
Date: December 02, 2008 03:27PM
When used as described below, does this card use my regular phone minutes to connect my laptop to the internet???
If so is $39.95 really a good price for an unlocked card?

Simply place your phones Sim Card (AT&T, Cingular, T-Mobile or any Sim Card) in the Air Card slot and insert the unit into your PCMCIA port.

The Sierra Wireless AirCard 881 provides enhanced mobile broadband performance to keep you connected with access to email, the Internet, and business applications while on the go. The Sierra Wireless AirCard 881 provides the latest technology based upon the global standard for wireless GSM. Best yet, the Sierra Wireless AirCard 881 works seamlessly across AT&T's 3G BroadbandConnect and EDGE networks providing you the perfect combination of performance and coverage.

This air card has plenty of features, but most importantly delivers high speed Internet connections, expect speeds from 660kbps- 1.6 Mbps. The air card is light weight and fits easily into your laptop. The Sierra Wireless Aircard is great for road warriors or people that take their laptops or mobile devices everywhere they go. You no longer have to spend a few bucks an hour to access your email and if you enjoy surfing the net when at your favorite coffee shop, you don't have to subscribe to their Internet plan. Sierra Wireless has over 13 years experience and a solid reputation for high quality data products backed by a dedicated field and call center support team.
Installation is very simple, just install the software onto your computer and insert the card into your pc card slot anytime you need an Internet connection.

edited to fix stupid accidental sticky in subject line

Aloha, Ken

“I have developed significant attachments to several members even though I wouldn't recognize them if I sat next to one on a park bench. I'm often tempted when in an airport to walk around, hollering "The Løpe", to see if anyone other than the Homeland Security people will acknowledge me. ” - The Løpe

"If there is any fixed star in our constitutional constellation, it is that no official, high or petty, can prescribe what shall be orthodox in politics, nationalism, religion, or other matters of opinion, or force citizens to confess by word or act their faith therein. If there are any circumstances which permit an exception, they do not now occur to us." Justice Robert Jackson

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2008 03:28PM by Harbourmaster.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: ? RE: Sierra Wireless AirCard 881
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: December 02, 2008 06:14PM
Doubt that you can use wireless minutes. You will most likely need to get a data plan to use it.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 247
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020