advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Anybody use Delicious Library 2 or another Media Database...
Posted by: kurtzie
Date: December 12, 2008 09:43AM
I'm looking for recommendations for a media database program.

I'm looking to catalog CDs, DVDs and books.
I'd like have the general information and then some notes.

Can I build something in Bento2? I can't seem to find out if you can scan using iSight Camera into Bento and then get Bento to "reach" out to the Web for info.

People seem to either love or hate Delicious Library 2...

Your comments or experiences...

Steve
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Anybody use Delicious Library 2 or another Media Database...
Posted by: rz
Date: December 12, 2008 10:03AM
I used DL2 a while back to easily catalog about 1,000 DVDs I bought at an auction. It took less than 2 hours, and gave me a nice list that I could then post on CL to sell them. It got about 90 - 95% of the titles, the rest I had to enter manually. I figure it would have taken a few days to type everything in otherwise, so it was worth it to me. Haven't used it to catalog my personal DVDs yet though...
Posted by: CJsNvrUrly
Date: December 12, 2008 10:17AM
I recently purchased Bento2 with the idea in mind that I would be able to pull my data from Delicious Library, which I purchased years ago. After poking around both programs for a while, I figured out a way to export the Delicious Library data in csv format, then imported the file into Bento2. It wasn't pretty, however, and didn't include the album art. I searched the internet and saw that others were also looking for this functionality in Bento2, but it's not there yet. After all was said and done, I ended up upgrading to Delicious Library 2. It works beautifully and I would definitely recommend it over Bento for what you describe.
Posted by: Harbourmaster
Date: December 12, 2008 11:24AM
Delicious!!! I have been using it since the first non- beta release.

VHS Movies, DVD's, music CD's, Record Albums, and every book in the house in DL 2.

Even if you have to enter stuff manually, which is a bit slower, it just works great! I rarely come accross an item that it does not find the correct info for.

Aloha, Ken

“I have developed significant attachments to several members even though I wouldn't recognize them if I sat next to one on a park bench. I'm often tempted when in an airport to walk around, hollering "The Løpe", to see if anyone other than the Homeland Security people will acknowledge me. ” - The Løpe
Posted by: karsen
Date: December 12, 2008 11:33AM
I set my MIL up with Delicious Library 2. It's a very nice program and easy to use. It's nice to go over there and see she is adding items to the library on her own and not even calling me for help.

Posted by: deckeda
Date: December 12, 2008 12:45PM
OK, so what do you all do with your library/database? rz's need was obvious, but the only example I can remember Delicious mentioning was for a user who often lent media to friends and so this would help them keep track. You all do that regularly?
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: December 12, 2008 01:18PM
I check my DL2 library before I order older DVDs.

I, um, have a duplicate or few.

I am that Masked Man.

All you can do, is all you can do.

There’s trouble — it's time to play the sound of my people.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Harbourmaster
Date: December 14, 2008 10:13PM
I 'try' to keep a current copy of the library contents on my iPod so that when I am out shopping I don't accidentaly purchase something that I already own. I think that it would also come in quite handy with the insurance company in the event of fire, flood, theft or other dissaster...

Aloha, Ken

“I have developed significant attachments to several members even though I wouldn't recognize them if I sat next to one on a park bench. I'm often tempted when in an airport to walk around, hollering "The Løpe", to see if anyone other than the Homeland Security people will acknowledge me. ” - The Løpe
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 77
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020