advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
New AskTog!: Kindle vs. iPhone/iPod Touch...Human/Machine Interaction & User Experience
Posted by: Greg the dogsitter
Date: January 07, 2009 08:13PM
"These two terms are not interchangeable. Human/machine interaction focuses on the elements of physical and behavioral interaction between human and machine. It is the stuff of button pushing & keyboard clacking & pointer pointing, along with the computer's measured responses.

The user experience is different. It is bigger, encompassing events from the potential buyer's first glimpse of the device to the effort required to recycle it at its end of life." -- [www.asktog.com]

Bruce Tognazzini's column was my first exposure to what I now think of as "doing stuff the right way." For me, it began with appreciating interface and design, which led to an awareness of just how messed up some things could be. This awareness may have started with Tog's topics, but has spilled out into presentations, Excel-using, and management; any of these things has great potential to be done with full-bore crappiness.

It's been while since he's released a new column, so I was very glad to see this one.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: New AskTog!: Kindle vs. iPhone/iPod Touch...Human/Machine Interaction & User Experience
Posted by: sekker
Date: January 07, 2009 08:36PM
an interesting read, only his version of iTunes was out of date and did not have the media conversion function of more recent versions of the software.

The Kindle IS a beta product - but it still works. The original iPhone was good at everything except being, well, a phone - Apple fixed that with the new iPhone. We'll have to wait to see if Amazon can create a fully revised Kindle.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 112
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020