advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Dark Side Networking - Help!
Posted by: flareslow
Date: February 09, 2009 03:12PM
I am the only Mac user (afaik) in a Windows company, and am having difficulty accessing the Internet through the proxy server. I have little experience with proxy servers, but I had the IT folks helping with setup but they have no answers except that it's a Mac issue. I have a PC on the desk also and I think I have the same settings on the Mac as the PC. Except for Google.com and the company website, I get this message when trying to access any other internet site:

Error code: 502 Proxy error: The request was rejected by the HTTP Filter. Contact your ISA Server administrator. (12217)
IP address: 10.10.10.65
Date:
Server: METISA.xxx.xxx
Source: Web Filter.

The PC sitting next to my Mac with the same proxy server settings has no problem accessing the internet. Anyone experience something similar?

Thanks in advance,

Mike
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Dark Side Networking - Help!
Posted by: mattkime
Date: February 09, 2009 03:22PM
what kind of proxy server is it? where are you configuring your mac to use the proxy server?

Re: Dark Side Networking - Help!
Posted by: flareslow
Date: February 09, 2009 04:02PM
It's a company server which handles requests to access the internet. I was told it is an ISA server. The mac proxy configuration is done in System Preferences>Networking>Proxies. You manually select which proxy servers to configure and enter an IP address and Port.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 89
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020