advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Looking for a modular power supply sata power cable source
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: February 17, 2009 10:32PM
As the title says, I've got a project I am working on and I think the easiest way to do what I need is going to be using a SATA cable from a modular power supply. Something like what is pictured below. Problem is, I can't find one for sale anywhere. I'm not about to buy a whole power supply just for one cable out of the box. I need one with a decent sized main cable and 3 SATA connectors on the end. I was going to use adapters but then found out that no adapter has the 3.3V power that most PS SATA cables use.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Looking for a modular power supply sata power cable source
Posted by: mattkime
Date: February 17, 2009 10:36PM
if you don't turn up anything, you may be able to buy the cable and connectors to make your own.

Date: February 17, 2009 11:05PM
mattkime
if you don't turn up anything, you may be able to buy the cable and connectors to make your own.

That is what I was trying to avoid. I have found some items that work, but they are not the 5 pin cables with the 3.3V line.
Posted by: cyclemax
Date: February 17, 2009 11:15PM
I did a quick search and came up with this. Don't know if it's what your looking for.

Link
Date: February 17, 2009 11:28PM
cyclemax
I did a quick search and came up with this. Don't know if it's what your looking for.

Link

That just might work....but I'm not sure if I would be able to fold the wires the way I need. It works better when they come out the back of the connector.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2009 11:35PM by C(-)ris.
Posted by: Harbourmaster
Date: February 17, 2009 11:32PM
$7.50 Each directly from Antec: [www.antec.com] Exactly like the one in your picture, I have purchased several of them.

Aloha, Ken

“I have developed significant attachments to several members even though I wouldn't recognize them if I sat next to one on a park bench. I'm often tempted when in an airport to walk around, hollering "The Løpe", to see if anyone other than the Homeland Security people will acknowledge me. ” - The Løpe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2009 11:33PM by Harbourmaster.
Date: February 17, 2009 11:42PM
Harbourmaster
$7.50 Each directly from Antec: [www.antec.com] Exactly like the one in your picture, I have purchased several of them.

That looks like it only has 2 connectors on it, not three.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 60
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020