Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Samsung Omnia - Need your for input.
Posted by: karsen
Date: March 01, 2009 08:40PM
[www.intomobile.com]

My Verizon contract is up, and while I'd love to switch to AT&T and get an iPhone it's likely not an option for me. AT&T coverage doesn't compare to Verizon in this area and I don't have $200 to drop on a phone right now, not to mention I hold some animosity towards AT&T concerning the way they handled me as a customer in the past.

Verizon is offering me a Samsung Omnia for free with a new 2 year contract. According to reviews it's supposed to have excellent call quality and reception. It runs a bastardized version of Windows Mobile. There are mixed reviews on the net regarding the interface.

I'd like to hear thoughts on this device from fellow Mac users, or suggestions for alternative phones from Verizon.

Thanks!

EDIT: removed double negative. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2009 08:44PM by karsen.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Samsung Omnia - Need your for input.
Posted by: BillMac
Date: March 01, 2009 09:52PM
No advice here, but I'm in the same boat and would LOVE some advice. Probably making a decision in the next week or two.

-Bill
Re: Samsung Omnia - Need your for input.
Posted by: BigGuynRusty
Date: March 01, 2009 10:32PM
[www.phonescoop.com]

BGnR

"Good heavens, Miss Sakamoto! You're beautiful!"
"If we dig precious things from the land, we will invite disaster."
"Near the day of Purification, there will be cobwebs spun back and forth in the sky."
"A container of ashes might one day be thrown from the sky, which could burn the land and boil the oceans."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 91
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020