AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Time Capsule and AirPort Base Station (802.11n) Firmware 7.4.1
Posted by: deckeda
Date: March 06, 2009 12:48PM
[support.apple.com]

from the site

Products Affected
AirPort Extreme Base Station/802.11n, Time Capsule, AirPort Express with 802.11n, Time Capsule (Early 2009), AirPort Extreme (Early 2009), Back to My Mac

What's new in this update?

For AirPort Extreme (Early 2009) and Time Capsule (Early 2009) that ship with firmware 7.4, the firmware 7.4.1 update:
Resolves an issue in which a client computer may be disconnected when waking from sleep
Addresses an issue in which redirecting SMTP port services may disable IP-layer networking
Improves the reliability of Back to My Mac-based disk sharing
Includes recent AirPort security updates

For AirPort Extreme with 802.11n (Fast Ethernet), AirPort Extreme with 802.11n (Gigabit Ethernet), AirPort Express with 802.11n, and original Time Capsule models, the firmware 7.4.1 update:

Enables remote administration and remote access to compatible USB connected drives via Back to My Mac (except on AirPort Express)
Improves reliability when backing up to a Time Capsule via Time Machine
Includes recent AirPort security updates
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Time Capsule and AirPort Base Station (802.11n) Firmware 7.4.1
Posted by: olnacl
Date: March 06, 2009 01:28PM
Thanks. I just got it. Mine was at 7.34, and I was occasionally dropping the connection to my USB drive(s) upon waking from sleep. It wasn't a major problem, I'd just open Airport Utility, make any change and then change back and hit update and reconnect. We'll see if this fixes that.

Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: March 06, 2009 01:32PM
I'll have to check mine.

I've noticed from time to time when I wake my mini and iMac that they ..."are no longer connected to the Internet." Turning AirPort on and off at the menubar fixes it.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: olnacl
Date: March 06, 2009 02:04PM
Mine never dropped the connection to the internet but did lose the connection to one or more of the USB drives occasionally on awakening. The drive icon would still be on the desktop but wouldn't open. My drives sleep when they are inactive and a few times I thought the connection had dropped and in reality they were just spinning up, but sometimes, no matter how long I waited, I couldn't access them. We'll see if this fixes that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 66
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020