Calculator broken while trying to figure out Steve Job's stock sell just now
Posted by: SteveJobs
Date: March 23, 2006 12:51PM
4.5 million shares

[www.sec.gov]

time

equals

270,000,000 right?

After taxes probably a little over $768.

TRUST ME - I would NOT WORK ....EVER.....and neither would my next 4 generations of offspring!

And, that total is 25% LESS than it would have been a few months ago.

Deee aammmmmmmm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2006 01:14PM by SteveJobs.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Calculator broken while trying to figure out Steve Job's stock sell just now
Posted by: mick e
Date: March 23, 2006 12:56PM
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!! Did he dump his stock????

Okay, settling down now... mick e is hoping that your scenario is simply a hypothetical.

Unpaid Social Liaison
Re: Calculator broken while trying to figure out Steve Job's stock sell just now
Posted by: shadow
Date: March 23, 2006 01:10PM
4,573,553 shares * 64.66 $/share = $295,725,936

If he has trouble scraping by on that, he still owns 5,426,451 shares.

- Shadow
Posted by: Donkey Hotay
Date: March 23, 2006 01:11PM
it's $270 million, not $2.7 billion.

=DH
Donkey (Ye Olde Farte of ye Internette) Hotay is a Tilted Windmill® enterprise.
Posted by: spearmint
Date: March 23, 2006 01:13PM
Mick E it is not hypothetical look at the attachment it is an offical document. Pump and Dump. Announce exciting new Intel models and get out!

Da Good Life
Date: March 23, 2006 01:15PM
okay, edited the decimal error. But, my calculator DID GAK ON IT.

Date: March 23, 2006 01:16PM
Actually he probably just is going shopping for new furniture and a car with the 2.9 billion. Not to worry.
Posted by: Ken Sp.
Date: March 23, 2006 01:21PM
Maybe he has to pay taxes.
On the profit from Pixar?
Posted by: OWC Larry
Date: March 23, 2006 01:36PM
That would sure in part explain Apple's recent dips. Must have been some in the know on this coming sale... and then of course the sale of the 4.56 mil shares. Damn! 300 mil pocketed before taxes - And I am sure he's making large donations to charities.

OWC Larry
Other World Computing
[www.macsales.com]
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: March 23, 2006 01:37PM
[finance.yahoo.com]

Yup.... Steve did indeed file to sell those shares..

OUCH..

I think Tomorrow is going to be a bad day for AAPL.

Personally, I learned not to read too much into insiders selling, unless they're ALL SELLING. Maybe Steve just wanted a new Gulfstream... or Boeing Business Jet...
Or to put a down-payment on Disney...

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Date: March 23, 2006 01:46PM
Okay, mick e is now considering a "Dump and Run".

Unpaid Social Liaison
Posted by: Ken Sp.
Date: March 23, 2006 01:47PM
Disposition (Non Open Market) at $64.66 per share.?

Could that mean that APPl is low enough Apple may be repurchasing some of these shares or options?
Posted by: davester
Date: March 23, 2006 01:50PM
How does that work? Who bought those shares for $64.66/share? Oh wait, I see, this happened on the 19th. This would suggest that perhaps Steve needed the cash for a different investment and perhaps apple bought the stock back from him because they know it is going up. If he was selling because he knew of events that were taking the stock down, then that would be illegal insider trading. Nevertheless, this news may panic some people who will sell out of fear, temporarily taking the stock down further.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2006 01:54PM by davester.
Date: March 23, 2006 01:52PM
He might be positioning for something at Disney. In which case a "Dump and Run" would be patently unwise.

Unpaid Social Liaison
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: March 23, 2006 01:57PM
<Okay, mick e is now considering a "Dump and Run".

<He might be positioning for something at Disney. In which case a "Dump and Run" would be patently unwise.

Sigh..
Yup...
Gotta either just have fun and roll with this kinda thing, or end up with insomnia and bleeding ulcers..

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Date: March 23, 2006 02:05PM
Has nothing to do with the French trying to open up iTunes and the impact on Apple's ipod business.
Date: March 23, 2006 02:13PM
Officers have limited windows to exercise stock. He would have had to do this in advance of any recent news.

But, WHY IS HE WORKING???? AT ALL???

Date: March 23, 2006 02:31PM
SteveJobs Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> But, WHY IS HE WORKING???? AT ALL???

If he had that kind of attitude, he wouldn't be a billionaire (unless of course he was born into a family that rubs shoulders with saudi billionaires). Jobs obviously loves his work. If I had his job I wouldn't quit either. On the other hand if I was working in a slaughterhouse and won the lottery I'd quit the same day.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Date: March 23, 2006 02:35PM
brain hurting.

Unpaid Social Liaison
Posted by: hal
Date: March 23, 2006 03:56PM
aapl is approaching it's 200 day moving avg. THIS IS BIG! It hasn't dropped below this line in years. If the stock is healthy, it'll bounce off that line nicely. If unhealthy, it'll crash through the line on high volume. If you see this - run! Otherwise, longterm holders should no worry. Short term traders are long gone.

Date: March 23, 2006 04:04PM
and re Jobs stock sale - dont read too much into it. It's just plain stupid to have 1/2 bil in one stock no matter what it is.
Date: March 23, 2006 04:57PM
hal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> aapl is approaching it's 200 day moving avg. THIS
> IS BIG!

I don't buy that at all. It's just an artificial construct. Why not the 100 dma, or the 300, or the 500, or the Ouija board moving average.

Date: March 23, 2006 05:57PM
It's an artificial consrtuct that millions watch very closely and believe in. Call it a self fulfilling prophecy if you like, but there is reality there...
Date: March 23, 2006 07:26PM
The reality of the 200 dma is that it is a chartists fad. I doubt that "millions" use it, but certainly thousands do. There is also significant controversy over what it signifies or whether it can be used to make successful general buy, sell, long, short decisions at all. If it was so useful, then all the chartists and their clients would be rich...and they're not. Sorry, but I rely heavily on statistical analysis at work so I'm constantly on the alert to bogus conclusions derived from statistical parameters.

You've inspired me to add a new sig!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2006 07:40PM by davester.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 110
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020