advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Another Clogged Epson
Posted by: BCam
Date: March 24, 2006 12:24PM
Yes, the dreaded ink clogged Epson Germlin has come to stay at my house!

Have a CX6400 and the black is dead - no ink on paper at all.

It is dead, no more, passed on, it is a former inkjet!

Did a STF and didn't come up with any specific hints outside of Windex. Anyone here have experience/suggestions?

If not, recommend a different All-in-One, or at least a good printer.

Thanks - and hurry, this sucker is about to take a fall out the window and down into the waiting maw of the dumpster!

BCam
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Another Clogged Epson
Posted by: spearmint
Date: March 24, 2006 01:04PM
Had HP's all along never had an inkjet clog. Luv em. Printing seems to be HP's main interest now as far as consumer products.

Da Good Life
Posted by: mattkime
Date: March 24, 2006 01:21PM
1) turn on the printer.

2) UNPLUG it while the print head is in "cartridge change" position

3) the head rests on a small sponge all the way on the right.

4) soak it with windex. perhaps even use windex and paper towel to dab off the built up ink. anyways, leave it soaked with windex.

5) push the print head back over the sponge.

let it sit for an hour and give it a try. if that fails, try it after a day. if that fails, try it after three.

i'm solved this a number of times. this is very likely to fix your problem.

Posted by: particleman
Date: March 24, 2006 01:26PM
I really like my Canon Pixma iP5000. No problems with clogs even with infrequent use. It also can do 2-sided printing automatically.
Posted by: davester
Date: March 24, 2006 01:40PM
I've had three Epsons. They have all eventually succumbed to clogging (usually at times when I desperately needed a print). Hours of screwing around with syringes, windex, and other web-derived fixes only yielded temporary, marginal fixes. I will not buy another Epson.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: 3d
Date: March 24, 2006 01:59PM
Add me to the Clogged Epson Club. The carcass is sitting on it's end, collecting dust by the window on the floor in the corner. Whenever a great "deal" for an Epson printer appears i gaze over at the piece of junk in the corner and it snaps me back into reality.
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: March 24, 2006 04:38PM
Epsons! Use them or lose them. Long live the 740.

Grateful11
Posted by: davester
Date: March 24, 2006 05:08PM
Grateful11 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Epsons! Use them or lose them. Long live the
> 740.

My mom's 740 is the only Epson I have experience with that hasn't clogged and she leaves it unused for months at a stretch. On the other hand, all my Epson's were used regularly and suffered sudden unfixable clogs...two of them on Epson ink, one of them on ink4art ink.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: Golfer
Date: March 24, 2006 07:26PM
Sorry to hear so many people have had problems with Epson printers. I've had a bunch, starting with a Stylus 600, then 900, 740, 860, 785 EPX, R200 and a PictureMate. The 785 was by far the worst, it did have frequent clogging problems although a couple head cleaning cycles would clear up the problem. The rest rarely clogged, even after setting for long periods without use. Never had one die completely, and all are still is service to this day, not all by me of course, even the 600 which is nearly 10 years old. The R200 is by far the best of the bunch, great for printing to CD/DVDs and does awesome photos, which the PictureMate excels at as well.

What I want to know is when are printer companies going to make a head cleaning utility that targets just the head that is clogged, not all the colors. Probably never happen, it would cost them a bundle in lost ink revenue.
Posted by: PeterB
Date: March 24, 2006 08:03PM
For those of you who are having clogging problems, try this stuff: [www.fixyourownprinter.com] ... works wonders... even on supposedly "dead" printers...

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: BCam
Date: March 24, 2006 10:48PM
thanks to some ...

and I feel for ya, to others.

I'm off to get some Windex and see what happens.
Wish me luck - and I'll let you know the outcome with my Epson Parrot.
Posted by: h'
Date: March 25, 2006 09:51AM
Not windex--Fantastik.

I suffer from the same sensitivity that you do. A few nuggets of wisdom were shared with me and I'm "trying" to incorporate them into my life. First, remember that nobody can hurt your feelings unless you let them. You can always reject what is being forced on you emotionally.
Second, nothing changes unless you change it. If you don't want the behavior to be repeated then you need to take action. Otherwise the kid has learned that his behavior is the way to get things done, because everyone lets him get away with it.
In the meantime I sympathize because I've been there.
-beerman
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 381
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020