Posted by: SteveJobs
Date: March 24, 2006 06:14PM
[tmz.aol.com]

If true, that's sleazy.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Interesting brokeback greed story
Posted by: Ken Sp.
Date: March 24, 2006 06:22PM
Nobody held a gun to his head to take the part. He gained by the exposure, and the actors take ZERO risk in these projects.
He should stop whining and move on.
Posted by: Seacrest
Date: March 24, 2006 06:26PM
Very sleazy, because a script about gay cowboys in 'Gay Marriage Amendment' America in 2004 had BLOCKBUSTER stamped all over it.
Posted by: hal
Date: March 24, 2006 06:32PM
No one in thier right mind would have predicted that movie to be a runaway success.
Posted by: Mike Johnson
Date: March 24, 2006 08:53PM
Jeez. I'm using 10.2.something, with Safari 1.0. I click on that link, and as the page slowly loads, I can read about half of the story before it refreshes to a page that says Your browser won't support the content on this page. Upgrade to Safari at Apple.com or click here to read it anyways.

So I click on the Click here to read it anyways, and the page mostly loads, but this time without the actual story. The flash ads and so on load, but not the content I'm trying to read.

That's sleezy too.
Posted by: Seacrest
Date: March 24, 2006 10:14PM
Mike, you're not missing much.
Randy Quaid is suing Brokeback Mtn's producers because he lowered his fee to appear in the movie, and then it unexpectedly made a ton of money.

He feels they defrauded him, because they knew all along that the movie would gross well over $150M, and willfully withheld this information from him at the outset.

In my opinion, he is just mad because he didn't have the foresight to demand bigger backend participation.
Posted by: Marc Anthony
Date: March 24, 2006 10:53PM
>>The suit does not specifically state how much Quaid made, but it does claim that the defendants "were engaged in a 'movie laundering' scheme designed to obtain the services of talent such as Randy Quaid<<

Hahaha!!! As if.

Le po├Ęte doit vivre beaucoup, vivre dans tous les sens. - Verlaine
Posted by: spearmint
Date: March 24, 2006 11:16PM
I don't get where the "money laundering" is? The producers were just cheating the actors. Money laundering is taking ill gotten money and making it legit.

Da Good Life
Posted by: SteveO
Date: March 24, 2006 11:21PM
Shame, b/c I happen to admire Quaid's career of performances. But let's face it, the guy screwed up bigtime...come on, ANG LEE, the guy who directed Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, and that Civil War thing, both of which made millions upon millions...and Quaid gets suckered into thinking this film will make nothing? I don't feel sorry for him. That's just Darwin at work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 73
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020