advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Anyware Flexible Keyboard
Posted by: guitarist
Date: May 19, 2009 07:22PM
I like the idea of it. Just curious if they're impractical or unsatisfying in real-world use. Or, if they work pretty okay. The price is cheap enough to get one just for curiosity's sake. Anyone used one of these?

[dealnews.com]

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Anyware Flexible Keyboard
Posted by: kj4btkljv
Date: May 19, 2009 08:15PM
I've used one pretty similar - I think it was the Adesso Foldable Keyboard. It was a strange experience, to say the least. VERY LITTLE tactile feedback, like you get with a normal keyboard. There's hardly any push to the keys, they kind of just collapse into the keystroke.

We bought one for back out in the machine shop, thinking we would save innocent Apple iMac keyboards from a seriously shortened life - it's really dirty out there.

See if there's one at a brick and mortar store before buying? Give it a test feel?

I wouldn't get another one.

Jeff
Re: Anyware Flexible Keyboard
Posted by: Fred_Also
Date: May 20, 2009 12:06AM
I would only get one for special locations. I put on in my son-in-law's wood working shop for a beam saw computer. The regular keyboard kept getting clogged with sawdust.

They normally use the key pad and function keys, not like normal typing. Like kj4btkljv said, it really has a different feel.

Fred Also
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 81
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020