advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Anybody have a source for good case/screen protector/battery for Canon elph?
Posted by: Kiva
Date: March 30, 2006 09:04PM
finally bought a Canon sd450. I now need a screen protector for the thing, a case, and an extra battery.

Ebay has a slew of merchants, so if anybody knows of a reputable one w/ good products off-hand, that would be helpful. I found that quality of screen protectors can vary (e.g. the folks that make my treo protector don't make one for the canon).

Any other source is much appreciated..

thanks

kiva

----------------------
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Anybody have a source for good case/screen protector/battery for Canon elph?
Posted by: mattkime
Date: March 30, 2006 09:32PM
canon probably makes a case that will fit the camera well. Lowepro makes excellent cases.

Re: Anybody have a source for good case/screen protector/battery for Canon elph?
Date: March 30, 2006 09:37PM
thanks..... I did find a decent-looking protector on ebay for like 8 bucks. Will look into lowepro for a case..

any old battery off of ebay will be fine, right?

kiva

----------------------
Posted by: mattkime
Date: March 30, 2006 10:12PM
i'm not sure. see if they mention their mah - essentially how long they'll last. sometimes 3rd party are better than the original mfg.

Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: March 30, 2006 10:46PM
Nice-looking case, but no room for accessories: [www.amazon.com]

It is what it is.
Posted by: bfd
Date: March 31, 2006 12:01AM
N-OS X-tasy! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice-looking case, but no room for accessories:

That's the case you want - or one like it … it's almost a hard case. For the SD series, which finds itself inside your pocket more often than not, a hard case is essential. The soft cases are nice, but they do little to protect the very fragile lcd panel on back from pressure when the camera is in your pocket.
Date: March 31, 2006 01:32AM
thank you for the case recommendation. I put it in my cart :-)...now to find something else I want for about $11...hmmm...

I also have a gift certificate at LL Bean and may get this one, as I think there will be room enough to hold my extra batteries when I take it backpacking..:

[www.llbean.com]

or, do you think the amazon one will be fine bouncing around in the lid of a backpack?

kiva

----------------------
Posted by: joycee
Date: March 31, 2006 01:44AM
I have a Case Logic brand leather case [www.caselogic.com] that fits my Canon SD110 digital Elph exactly. I always have my camera with me in my purse, so I wanted a case as small as possible that would provide good protection for the camera. This one is perfect for that.

I got mine at Wal-Mart over a year ago, I'm sure it was between $5-$10. The sides are stretchy material that expands to fit the width of whichever compact digital camera you have. Take your camera with you to Target or Wal-Mart or the like and just try out cases there - lots of choices and you'll be sure to find one that fits exactly how you'd like it to fit.

This may be the same one - it looks a bit different because the camera shown with it is much slimmer than my Canon, so the case looks slimmer:

*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´How about if you greased them up first? Are chihuahua's cooperative pack hunters? ~TheCaber
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: March 31, 2006 02:18AM
Kiva Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> thank you for the case recommendation. I put it
> in my cart :-)...now to find something else I want
> for about $11...hmmm...

Lots of CDs on sale for $9 and up: [www.amazon.com]

It is what it is.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 79
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020