advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Christmas present for 3 mo baby?
Posted by: New.Dad
Date: December 10, 2005 09:34PM
baby's first Christmas, then he will be almost 3 months old, what should I get him? he's got plenty of toys, and will get even more from family and friends... so what should _I_ (his Dad!) get him? you see, I have no such experience smiling smiley Thanks!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Christmas present for 3 mo baby?
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: December 10, 2005 09:38PM
the best gift in the world. . .unconditional love. . .a lot of babies don't get it out there.

don't make that mistake. oh. . .and lotsa hugs and kisses. . .express that unconditional love. . .every second. . .seriously.

You never hear people say. . "boy I wish I has gotten a Sony PSP. . ." "or boy i wish I had put in more hours at the job. . ."

some thing to think about. . .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2005 09:39PM by NewtonMP2100.
Posted by: sscutchen
Date: December 10, 2005 09:42PM
Baby Einstein DVD?

Good for ages 1-4, so by the summer...
Posted by: graham1352
Date: December 10, 2005 09:45PM
His first Christmas stocking
Date: December 10, 2005 09:46PM
sscutchen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Baby Einstein DVD?
>
> Good for ages 1-4, so by the summer...

are those really good? I've heard mixed opinions. also some say a baby should not watch TV... there is so much contradictory info out there
Posted by: TheTominator
Date: December 10, 2005 09:55PM
AAPL stock

or maybe some sort of savings bond.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2005 09:56PM by TheTominator.
Posted by: OWC Larry
Date: December 10, 2005 10:03PM
Our little guy is just just 5 and half months now, will be 6 months at two days past Christmas. got to tell ya - the next couple months will be amazing for you.

Do you have any of those exersaucer things for him? Those are the best - and at around 4 months babies like to start putting things in their mouth, so stuff for teething that is colorful and fun for them.

If you've got all the gadgets - a savings bond or maybe starting a 529c tax free savings account for him.

Our son is our first too - an amazing adventure. Loving every moment of it. smiling smiley
Posted by: TheTominator
Date: December 10, 2005 10:10PM
The best advice from Raising Arizona:

Have you got his bank account yet?

What's that for?

That there's fer his university and his orthodonture. You can soak his thumb in iodine and get by without the orthodonture but it won't knock a thing off the university.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2005 10:15PM by TheTominator.
Date: December 10, 2005 10:13PM
yeah, I know that sucking the thumb screws up the teeth... hope the pacifier is OK though.
Posted by: Mike Johnson
Date: December 10, 2005 11:02PM
The saucer is a good thing. Or a gymini playmat.

Or make him his very own mix CD. My son has listened to one CD for every nap and every bedtime for three years. It's nice that he identifies it with sleeping, and because I picked the songs, they don't get on my nerves. And that is key. (By the way, it's at [phobos.apple.com] and at the very least I wouldn't mind it if some people gave the playlist a high rating.)

If you did that, you could also get him his very own CD player, if he doesn't have one already.

Now's also a good time to think about starting one of those traditions -- take a picture of him in front of the tree with his presents, and then (if it's a real tree) saw a slice off the trunk of the tree and sand it down and give it a coat of polyurethane. Then do that every year from now on.
Posted by: Phy
Date: December 10, 2005 11:37PM
A music box

or a CD player and the Baby einstein CD set
Posted by: såmmy
Date: December 11, 2005 06:25AM
You could start a tradition. My dad started collecting US Mint proof sets. He gave me one every Christmas.

Mom should get a day at the spa.

såmmy
Posted by: elmo3
Date: December 11, 2005 09:25AM
Hookers and booze.

Seriously, though, any present you give him will de facto be a present to your wife. You'll be buying something SHE wants--or THINKS she wants--him to have.

Did you ever look at how products are marketed toward the infant world? Trust me, they're not marketed toward the infant. They're marketed toward the cowering parent, who's afraid he's doing something wrong or harming the child if he DOESN'T buy the product.

So much of that stuff is just crap and garbage. You'll find that out a few years from now, if you look back.
Posted by: Gutenberg
Date: December 11, 2005 10:54AM
A mutual fund account for college.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 75
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020