advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Bonjour from Provence
Posted by: Phy
Date: April 01, 2006 10:51AM
I did not realize that French keyboards were so different from US ones. It is quite impossible to touch-type, so emailing is slooooowwwww.

Ir it were my own machine, I`d change the layout.... alas, that is not the case. Instead of QWERTY, the layout is AZERTYUIOP.

Do most other countries have different layouts as well?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Bonjour from Provence
Posted by: davester
Date: April 01, 2006 11:42AM
While I was in Italy, I found that the quickest thing to do was to touch type, then go back through the document and make corrections.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: rgG
Date: April 01, 2006 11:53AM
Bonjour to you too. I was there in the summer of '96. Eat well!

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: AlphaDog
Date: April 01, 2006 11:58AM
You made it!!!!! Good going! smiling smiley Louie says hi, too.
Posted by: blooz
Date: April 01, 2006 12:45PM
Lucky you. How's the weather there?
cheers
blooz

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.
—Friedrich Nietzsche
Western Massachusetts
Posted by: Refurbvirgin
Date: April 01, 2006 03:22PM
Be sure and mention to everyone that you meet that you're only a Guest Worker. They love that.
Posted by: jawg
Date: April 01, 2006 07:33PM
It's pretty easy to switch between keyboard layouts in the System Preferences/International/Input pane. You can also add the input menu selections to the main finder tool bar. Comes in handy if you email in different languages for switching between keyboard layouts.

Posted by: Refurbvirgin
Date: April 01, 2006 08:09PM
So it's a good idea to pack your own keyboard along?
Posted by: Phy
Date: April 02, 2006 01:19PM
AlphaDog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You made it!!!!! Good going! Louie says hi,
> too.

Tell Louie that les chiens de France live happy lives!
There are a lot of free-running dogs with their owners; few are leashed. Sadly {and dangerously}, there is dog @#$%& everywhere.There are a lot of young people with Rottweilers and pitbulls here.

The food is excellent and so are the wines. My host family are superb cooks, so some of my clothes seem a bit tight... maybe they shrank?

I have another week of French language school, then go to Germany to spend a week with friends there. Maybe I`ll post some photos when I return...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2006 01:20PM by Phy.
Posted by: bazookaman
Date: April 02, 2006 07:30PM
is it possible to change the kb layout on a PC? When we were in Paris staying with friends, I had the damnedest time typing my emails. I was afraid to fool with it since I didn't want to mess up their PC.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 252
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020