advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Re: Can I share something sad?
Posted by: S.Taylor
Date: July 29, 2009 09:50PM
My deepest sympathy. I lost my mother 1 year and 1 week ago; she was about the same age as yours. It hurts like hell, but it does get better with time. The only consolation is that it does sound like an ideal, peaceful way to go.
Be well.

Scott

This remote controlled tree is a must for the person who wants to be on the cutting edge of Christmas technology.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Posted by: Spiff
Date: July 29, 2009 10:28PM
I...

Nuts. I'm crying. Sorry. That totally sucks. Agree with Taylor's last statement...

Damn. Still crying.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: July 29, 2009 10:36PM
Know that time will prevail and bring you strength and happiness where words now at least let you you are not alone in your journey.

Sometimes it is what it is...
and then there's times when it's really better.

==
Posted by: Numo
Date: July 29, 2009 10:41PM
Please accept my sympathy on the loss of your mom.
Posted by: Silencio
Date: July 29, 2009 10:47PM
Thank you for sharing such a wonderful tribute. I'm so sorry for your loss.

My own mom is 67 now (well, she'll be turning 68 in a few days), and I couldn't imagine her not being there.
Posted by: davester
Date: July 29, 2009 11:25PM
That is very sad. My mum recently died and I was prepared for it, but still it was very hard. I imagine that what has happened to you and yours is much harder since you've not had any time to prepare yourself for the eventuality. You have my heartfelt sympathy. Hang in there and be good to yourself and your family...it'll take quite some time to get back to some semblance of normalcy.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: wave rider
Date: July 29, 2009 11:28PM
My heartfelt condolences Kathy.

I am so sorry for your loss.

=wr=
Posted by: JoeH
Date: July 29, 2009 11:39PM
My condolences as well. I lost my mother about half a dozen years ago when she was just 69, so I know how it seems just too young.

Posted by: DaviDC.
Date: July 30, 2009 12:14AM
As bad you feel now, you'll be okay.
I think dying in one's sleep is a blessing.

Posted by: ArtP
Date: July 30, 2009 12:38AM
Ditto on the sympathy.

I lost my Mom 3 years ago last summer, she had been in Hospice for a while and past away 2 days after the extended family got together to celebrate her Birthday.

Glad you had a chance to spend some recent quality time with her, if only for a short time. Remember the good times.
Posted by: DharmaDog
Date: July 30, 2009 12:57AM
My mom would have been 65 this year. She passed when she was only 47.

I'm remembering the pain and feeling so sorry for you. I know it hurts.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: July 30, 2009 04:08AM
You have my sincerest condolences.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: billb
Date: July 30, 2009 07:24AM
My condolences.

I'm sure the last thoughts on your mom's mind were her wonderful kids and she was smiling as she slipped away.
She was not alone, and neither are you.
Posted by: Anthony
Date: July 30, 2009 08:25AM
So sorry for your loss, Kathy.
Be good to yourself, and remember the gift and beauty of her life.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 30, 2009 08:26AM
. . .sorry to hear of your sad news...just remember the good times and that will get you through....all the best!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: abevilac
Date: July 30, 2009 09:15AM
Kathy, I'm so saddened by your loss; thank you for allowing us this moment w/ you. She lives on in you, so be good to yourself.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: July 30, 2009 09:40AM
Thanks to your Mom for being just what you needed all those years, and hugs and comfort to you as you mourn her.

Be well, Kathy. Much love.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: SteveO
Date: July 30, 2009 12:13PM
Kathy, my deepest condolences to you and Greg. God bless you and your ma. Mother truly is another word for love.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: July 30, 2009 12:30PM
I'm very, very sorry, Kathy. Truly, just as the others here have so kindly said. I lost two family members in the space of a few months last year and I'm just beginning to come to terms with that. It's really not adequate consolation, but it should help you somewhat to know that we have all gone through some version of this and we will do so again.

Hurts like a bastid...
Posted by: Gutenberg
Date: July 30, 2009 01:26PM
Kathy, I am so sorry. Everyone here shares your loss and hopes to make your burden lighter.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: July 30, 2009 02:24PM
Kathy, I am so sorry for your loss. Please accept my condolences.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: July 30, 2009 02:49PM
Very sorry to learn of your loss, Kathy. Be well.
Posted by: tuqqer
Date: July 30, 2009 04:36PM
Sorry to hear, MacGurl.

M1 2020 Mac mini (16G 2T) Sonoma 14.x Dual 27" Dell S2722QC monitors M2 2022 13" MBAir (512G 16G)
Posted by: decay
Date: July 30, 2009 05:43PM
heartfelt condolences.
Posted by: blooz
Date: July 30, 2009 09:07PM
Another virtual hug for you.
My mom died just two weeks after I had been at her home with her my kids.
I was so glad we took that trip and saw her.

Just hold on to the memories.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.
—Friedrich Nietzsche
Western Massachusetts
Posted by: davec
Date: July 30, 2009 11:26PM
kathy- so sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Dave

...on the trailing edge of technology.
Posted by: decocritter
Date: July 30, 2009 11:53PM
I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad that you were able to spend time with her recently.
Posted by: comphernation
Date: July 31, 2009 01:09AM
Kathy,

I'm sorry to hear that. I've lurked here long enough to know that she either was or would have been very proud of you.
Posted by: the_poochies
Date: July 31, 2009 10:21AM
Sorry to hear of your loss, Kathy. I'll keep your Mom and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
Posted by: MacGurl
Date: August 04, 2009 11:39AM
Now that we're back in town I wanted to thank everyone for their well wishes and condolences, and let them know how we are. The past five days were rough and very exhausting, but I feel that we, and everyone else in my immediate family, made the best of the situation as we could. My Mom was a simple person and didn't believe in super fancy, prolonged, or expensive funeral trappings. We were able to have something very nice, but kept it in line with her wishes (being fairly simple and within a reasonable budget, for how funerals can go), even though I was sure she was going to come back to life at any time and clonk our heads together for the things we did go in for. We already have her house cleaned out, we got to that right away on Friday, and my nephew is cleaning it up right now in preparation to living there himself for a while. During the times we weren't doing things directly related to taking care of my Mom's "things", Greg and I kept active, doing things I know my Mother would have enjoyed also. We visited a couple of local parks with our GSD "Kikka", took him swimming in the Cedar River, hiking on trails and in the woods, and having a fast food picnic in one of Mom's favorite parks (one both she and I grew up across the street from, though in different houses). Heck, I even sunk my car up to the front axle in some deep, soft, sand (requiring my Brother Kevin come and pull us out), and "proofed" Kikka around shotguns, rifles, and handguns at the park shooting range for the very first time (he was perfect, not even flinching). In the evenings we all got together with friends and family in my Brother's back yard, lighting the fire pit, drinking a few beers, and talking and joking until late into the night. The youngsters played and romped with Kikka for hours on end, entertaining all of us. If it hadn't been for the reason that we all were there it would have been a completely fabulous weekend, but, as it was, it was pretty good even so.

A neighbor girl took my Mom's two parakeets, my nephew is keeping an eye out for her three, apparently, freaked-out cats, since we have a home lined up for them, and before Greg and I left town yesterday we picked up her three year old female German Shepherd from boarding at her vet's office. Big old 100 pound "Hanna", confused and with so much excess pent-up energy. It was all we could do to get her piled in the car with Kikka and wisk her off to the dog park as quickly as we could, to run it out of her. But, that's what we did, and a half an hour later we were loading both of them back on the car, panting and ready for the six hour drive home. It was a long and stressful trip, actual miles covered aside, but we made it, taking both dogs for a quick walk before introducing Hanna to our home and most of our other pets - the four cats and my oldest dog, Jet. Later we'll introduce our new French Bulldog rescue into the mix, who has now spent more time living with Greg's mom than she has with us. Hanna spent the night pacing, panting, and crying - keeping us awake for most of it also. Today she has been a real struggle to work with, and although she's a pretty cool dog, she's not been raised with many rules, or respect for a pack leader. Bless her heart - my Mom did some great things with her, but she wasn't stable enough on her feet to walk Hanna and drain her energy on a regular basis, so we have quite a handful here. I'm hoping that once we can really get her out and work her hard that she will calm down and be the well trained and behaved dog that would make my Mother proud to see.

So - yes, my Mother is gone, and I'm sure that in the following days, as I try to get my life back into the normal flow and routines, that there will be quite a few times were that really hits me and takes me down to my knees. But we took care of everything in fashion that would have pleased her - with no fighting or stress between us. I'll keep her always in my heart and my thoughts. I bet I'll think "Mom would have enjoyed this" a hundred times a day, from now on.

Posted by: kanesa
Date: August 04, 2009 03:41PM
That was beautiful, Kathy. Remember, one day at a time.

sharon
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 180
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020