advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Duracell PRE-CHarged AA/AAA 4 Pack $6.45 (50% OFF)
Posted by: space-time
Date: September 06, 2009 08:57AM
They're on sale at TARGET form 9/1 till 9/21. Regular price is 12.99, so this is 50% OFF

I could not find them in the battery section (next to electronics), but I asked a red-shirt guy and he told me they have some in the "back-to-school" aisle.

These are LSD (Low Self Discharge) cells. The ones with White Top are in fact ENELOOPS (Made in Japan). The ones with Black Top are Rayovac Hybrids, Made in China. Both are very very good. I would chose the White ones though, if available, if not the Black ones are just as good.

The only PROBLEM with these cells is that they look a lot like regular Alkaline cells and kids could throw them out if they're not careful.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Duracell PRE-CHarged AA/AAA 4 Pack $6.45 (50% OFF)
Posted by: S.Taylor
Date: September 06, 2009 10:54AM
Thanks! I came within an inch of buying these at full price at another store last night, before my skinflint reflex took over.

This remote controlled tree is a must for the person who wants to be on the cutting edge of Christmas technology.
Date: September 06, 2009 10:59AM
S.Taylor
Thanks! I came within an inch of buying these at full price at another store last night, before my skinflint reflex took over.

I doubt they would have scanned full price at the register. Maybe they didn't put new price tags. Use one of those price scanners to double check, they should scan at the sale price.
Posted by: GeneL
Date: September 06, 2009 11:06AM
So when, with all the "stuff" going on in your life (see post above) did you have time to post this?grinning smiley
Date: September 06, 2009 11:08AM
what else should I do here in the hospital?

the baby eats, poops, then sleeps for 2 hours.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: September 06, 2009 02:19PM
space-time

the baby eats, poops, then sleeps for 2 hours.

I hope this wasn't a surprise for you.
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: September 06, 2009 05:19PM
They are showing regular price on the web page. I will have to stop by. I really like these batteries, the discharge/recycle characteristics are great for flash. It's great to be able to charge these and they will be nice and full when projects are ready to be shot. As was told to me, these are relabeled eneloops.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: olnacl
Date: September 06, 2009 06:21PM
I wonder if this was just a close-out at a local store - I checked the weekend ad and didn't see anything. Also confirmed the price on the web pages is as mentioned above. Space-time - where did you learn about this deal? - hate to run over for nothing.

Date: September 06, 2009 06:29PM
it's been reported on various sites, here is one:

[www.cpfmarketplace.com]

Don't worry about the price on the web page. Go to the store. Even then, don't worry about the ptice tag, just scan the package and see for yourself.

BTW, from above link: "Mike's Merchandise has them for $4.50."
Date: September 06, 2009 09:01PM
I purchased this afternoon. $6.45 confirmed. They had some white top @800mAh, some black top @ 800mAh, and some black top @ 1000mAh. I went for the 1000's.

This remote controlled tree is a must for the person who wants to be on the cutting edge of Christmas technology.
Posted by: olnacl
Date: September 07, 2009 07:40AM
S.Taylor
I purchased this afternoon. $6.45 confirmed. They had some white top @800mAh, some black top @ 800mAh, and some black top @ 1000mAh. I went for the 1000's.

The eneloops I have are 2000mAh. I suppose the Duracells would be good for cordless mice or something... or were those AAAs?

Date: September 07, 2009 07:53AM
olnacl
he eneloops I have are 2000mAh. I suppose the Duracells would be good for cordless mice or something... or were those AAAs?

AAA, sorry. Have lots of AA around, but the kids had swiped all the AAA in the house.

Posted by: AllGold
Date: September 08, 2009 12:49PM
Just grabbed a couple at my local store (white tops). They had obvious on-sale signs with the $6.45 price here.

They were all out of AAs in the battery section but thanks to space-time I found some in the back-to-school section. But as noted, the sale goes until 9/21 so there should be ample time to get more stock if your store ran out.
Posted by: wurm
Date: September 08, 2009 11:39PM
Question about these. I picked up two 4-packs each of the AA and AAA. I also grabbed a 2-pack of AA with the charger. I just noticed that the AAA are not labeled as pre-charged on the package, whereas the AA are. Also, the AAA have the black tops but do say Made In Japan on the back, so I'm guessing they're the eneloops. Finally, the AAA have a date of 2005 on the package. Does that even matter with rechargeables?

I guess I'm wondering if I should keep the AAA or return them and see if they have newer stock and/or any that say they're pre-charged. Any thoughts?
Posted by: AllGold
Date: September 09, 2009 09:53AM
If they're not labeled "Pre-charged" then they're most likely regular Ni-MH and not the low self-discharge variety. I would take them back.
Posted by: wurm
Date: September 09, 2009 10:24AM
Thanks. I think I will.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: September 10, 2009 02:23PM
finally got to my local Target today. they had them labeled at the sale price back in electronics. Black top 2000mAh. they are stocked right next to the regular rechargeables at the same price; i almost picked up the wrong package, so check that the package says pre-charged!

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 100
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020