advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
question for all of you 1Password fans
Posted by: wurm
Date: September 26, 2009 08:44AM
I got 1Password as part of a bundle a while back. I never rally tried it because frankly I was pretty content with [ciphsafe.sourceforge.net] for keeping track of my passwords. But since everyone praises 1Password so much I thought I'd take another look. It looks like it would be great to have if you always use only one computer. But what good is it if you occasionally need to access those passwords on another computer off site and that you share with several other people? I don't have an iPhone or Touch, although I do have a cell phone I use to sync iCal and Address Book info with. At least with CiphSafe I can install the very simple program on the computer at work and keep a document in my folder to access my passwords if I forget them. Yes, I have to manually enter them, but I can live with that.

It seems like 1Password wouldn't be the solution for me that is is for many here. Or am I missing a feature that answers my problem?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: question for all of you 1Password fans
Posted by: AAA
Date: September 26, 2009 08:55AM
I have 1Password on the Mac. Not sure, but might be able to put the files behind it on your iDisk or similar cloud.

Also, I have 1Password synced to PalmOS devices (many options here)
And it syncs to iPod Touch or iPhone as well.

The fact that one can have it automatically scrape/store logins, personal page info, credit card stuff is great. And you can store multiples of each data per URL. So, you can have a HOTMAIL SEXYBOY506 and HOTMAIL MOMMASBOYHALO and select which autofill.

I have become a fan.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: September 26, 2009 09:16AM
I hate passwords and only use them when required. If someone cracked my password (tomorrow, I wouldn't care. I store NOTHING of value on my Mac or any website.

"Who's more foolish - the fool or the fool that follows him?" - Obi Wan Kenobi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2009 09:16AM by RgrF.
Posted by: earache
Date: September 26, 2009 10:00AM
I have my 1Password synced between 5 computers via DropBox. It works flawlessly.

earache
Posted by: olnacl
Date: September 26, 2009 10:45AM
earache
I have my 1Password synced between 5 computers via DropBox. It works flawlessly.

Ditto that on my three. I did buy the "family pack" version of One. I believe you need a licensed version on each computer. I too bought mine on a bundle deal but there was an upgrade path to the multiple computer model.

Posted by: mattkime
Date: September 26, 2009 11:22AM
1password allows for export as an html page. upload this to a personal site and then use it to visit your pw protected sites.

Posted by: Joey Cupcakes
Date: September 26, 2009 12:40PM
earache

Earache, could you please describe your method for doing that? (I have Dropbox on both of my computers already.)
Posted by: celliott
Date: September 26, 2009 01:04PM
I'm using One on two Macs (which is allowed- two Macs per license) and recently started syncing it via Drop Box.

[agilewebsolutions.com]

Several sync solutions are discussed there including the Drop Box method. Instructions are given for setting things up. Works very well for me.
Posted by: josntme
Date: September 26, 2009 01:14PM
earache

This is also how I sync between computers. I also have it synced with my iPhone.

I consider this an essential element of my computing.
Posted by: earache
Date: September 26, 2009 01:38PM
Joey Cupcakes
earache

Earache, could you please describe your method for doing that? (I have Dropbox on both of my computers already.)

Check this out: [help.agile.ws]

earache

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2009 01:39PM by earache.
Posted by: Jimmypoo
Date: September 26, 2009 01:48PM
josntme
earache

This is also how I sync between computers. I also have it synced with my iPhone.

I consider this an essential element of my computing.

And to think; you actually thought I was leading you astray...

You... you... Alabama Hot-Pocket!!!!
Posted by: Joey Cupcakes
Date: September 26, 2009 02:36PM
earache
Joey Cupcakes
earache

Check this out: [help.agile.ws]

Easy! Done. Thanks!
Posted by: AAA
Date: September 26, 2009 03:23PM
Hey, lookatthis

[support.agilewebsolutions.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 160
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020