advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 
 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
OK..Gave my daughter my new G4 iBook..then decided...
Posted by: samintx
Date: April 10, 2006 09:49AM
to buy me another for myself. Got a 100.00 rebate plus 25.00 off so why not with free shipping and no tax! Too good to pass up. My ibook sales paid for my daughter's G4 so...

As I said in an earlier reply I'd buy and intel mac IF there were going to be no more wrinkles added to a later model other than BooT Camp software? Do you think Jobs will charge for that later?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: OK..Gave my daughter my new G4 iBook..then decided...
Posted by: BigGuynRusty
Date: April 10, 2006 09:52AM
MacBook Pro, much, much faster.
I heard the modem thing, non-issue.

BGnR
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: OK..Gave my daughter my new G4 iBook..then decided...
Posted by: samintx
Date: April 10, 2006 09:56AM
BGnR...when I asked here it seems it WAS an issue. With the APPLE modem anyway.

What NEW will be on the later models? Should I wait?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: OK..Gave my daughter my new G4 iBook..then decided...
Posted by: BigGuynRusty
Date: April 10, 2006 10:06AM
samintx Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> BGnR...when I asked here it seems it WAS an issue.
> With the APPLE modem anyway.
>
> What NEW will be on the later models? Should I
> wait?

What "issue" are you talking about?
If you are talking about the USB modem, as I said before, we have had more problems with dirty phone lines, digital phone lines, and the crappy service from AOL, than Apple's USB Modem, which is zero. AOL is no longer supporting dial-in.

If you can wait, then wait.
They'll only get faster, and include the new OSX being released for free.

BGnR
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: OK..Gave my daughter my new G4 iBook..then decided...
Posted by: davester
Date: April 10, 2006 12:28PM
I think it would be nuts to purchase a G4 iBook on the verge of (i.e. right now) the new intel "iBook" release. After the release you'll be able to choose whether to get the new one or to buy an old one for much less money.



"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: OK..Gave my daughter my new G4 iBook..then decided...
Posted by: graylocks
Date: April 10, 2006 02:28PM
davester Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think it would be nuts to purchase a G4 iBook on
> the verge of (i.e. right now) the new intel
> "iBook" release. After the release you'll be able
> to choose whether to get the new one or to buy an
> old one for much less money.


yep. exactly why i'm holding off now.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: OK..Gave my daughter my new G4 iBook..then decided...
Posted by: samintx
Date: April 10, 2006 03:01PM
But I'm going to have BOTH...I may buy the MacPro also just for fun...and I want the G4 while I'm waiting. Fortunately, I don't have to worry about the money. And I want a faster speed on the new Macs and that will be about a year probably before they get over the current speed.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 178
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020