advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Terminal MIA
Posted by: bazookaman
Date: April 15, 2006 12:36PM
when I launch Terminal it appears at the bottom of the screen under the dock. There's nothing to drag to move it up. If I open a new window it opens a white window with no menubar or anything. I cannot type in it or move it, its just a white box.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Terminal MIA
Posted by: Monster
Date: April 15, 2006 02:41PM
did ya' try putting the dock on the side, and then seeing if you can grab the window?

The Taoist Zhuangzi said, "Good order results spontaneously when things are let alone".
The sociologist, and historian, Adam Ferguson described the phenomenon of spontaneous order in society as the "result of human action, but not the execution of any human design".
Posted by: LyleH
Date: April 15, 2006 03:38PM
Or try changing the monitor to a higher resolution. This should move all the windows up so you should then be able to grab the Terminal window to move it even higher. Then change back to the original resolution.

LyleH
Date: April 15, 2006 06:57PM
being behind the doc is not the issue...since I can hide the doc. Its just that when i launch Terminal I get a white box. No header bar. No resize bar at bottom. No open, close or minimize buttons. Nothing. Just a white box. When I click in it and start typing, nothing appears. Its like Terminal is just fscked.

Posted by: Monster
Date: April 16, 2006 12:28AM
Can it be reinstalled with pacifier?

The Taoist Zhuangzi said, "Good order results spontaneously when things are let alone".
The sociologist, and historian, Adam Ferguson described the phenomenon of spontaneous order in society as the "result of human action, but not the execution of any human design".
Date: April 16, 2006 08:36AM
mmmmm...I will look into that. never used it.

Posted by: Marc Anthony
Date: April 16, 2006 10:19AM
Have you disabled a bunch of fonts lately? There is an issue with the Terminal window acting crazy after you disable a certain font that it needs.

Le poète doit vivre beaucoup, vivre dans tous les sens. - Verlaine
Date: April 16, 2006 10:36AM
I recently install Font Explorer and it moved all unnecessary fonts out of my fonts folder. However, it gives you the option to REACTIVATE those once they are moved. So i did. So technically nothing is missing. And I would think that if an Apple application REQUIRES a single font to function at even the most basic level, it should NOT be able to be disabled. Right?

on that...does anyone happen to know what font it is that Terminal cannot live without?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2006 10:37AM by bazookaman.
Posted by: Marc Anthony
Date: April 16, 2006 10:47AM
I found this article on Apple's site, however, now that I reread your description of the problem, this might not be what you are talking about since you said you can't see ANY buttons.

[docs.info.apple.com]

Le poète doit vivre beaucoup, vivre dans tous les sens. - Verlaine

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2006 10:48AM by Marc Anthony.
Date: April 16, 2006 04:05PM
Interestingly enough. In FontExplorer, Monaco appears as an unmodifiable font. Meaning I can neither disable nor enable it. It is enabled by default and locked and i cannot change it. So thats not the issue. Although i have had THAT problem before...on a different machine.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 110
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020