The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Follup to Cat 1 , Wife 0
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: December 01, 2009 10:53PM
Following up to this one
Cat Bite !

My lovely wife is recovering nicely. The antibiotics kicked in, and the signs of infection in her right hand are receding, and she isn't running a high fever any longer. Last night I really wanted to drag her to the ER, but she refused. I guess she was right, because by morning she was improving. I came home before lunch to check on her, and she was sleeping but it looked better.

She worked today (She's a nurses' aide at an assisted living home), so she got lots of nursing attention from her co-workers, which is good.

Thanks for all the advice and good wishes.. You're all great people, I'm proud to be part of this ersatz community. bunny smiley

And the cat ? Krampus is just fine. Bad cat ! Bad !

(did I mention that he's a classic Basement Cat- 20lbs of jet black long haired grouch. His brother died in late summmer this year, and he's been lonely, so it makes him more grouchy.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2009 10:54PM by cbelt3.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Follup to Cat 1 , Wife 0
Posted by: mattkime
Date: December 01, 2009 11:02PM
>>His brother died in late summmer this year, and he's been lonely, so it makes him more grouchy

As long as we understand his emotional state...

Posted by: freeradical
Date: December 01, 2009 11:47PM
Good to hear she's healing.

BTW: When I was taking antibiotics for my cat bite, I got the runs. Antibiotics kill the good bacteria too.
Posted by: testcase
Date: December 02, 2009 12:19AM
I'm sure a Chinese restaurant would be willing to "adopt" Krampus ;)
Posted by: Mike Sellers
Date: December 02, 2009 06:19AM
Just wait until the next full moon . . .
Posted by: Gutenberg
Date: December 02, 2009 07:22AM
After the infection has subsided, she should work that hand with one of those spongy stress balls, just to make sure she'll maintain full strength and movement in that hand.

I am an Augmentin veteran and I can tell you that the stuff kills every bacterium in your body, so be prepared for some, er, digestive upsets. I don't know whether taking one of those pro-biotic thingys would help--I took Augmentin a good 15 years ago.
Posted by: rgG
Date: December 02, 2009 08:24AM
The Philips Colon Health probiotic supplement is good to take when on antibiotics, to ward off diarrhea. I had my daughter take it when she was on several rounds after a bad infection that came from having her wisdom teeth out. I got found it at Publix, but a lot of places have it.

[www.amazon.com]

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: $tevie
Date: December 02, 2009 10:53AM
Cat bites and scratches can be no joke. I've had two different friends land in the hospital on antibiotic drips because they screwed around too long.

I got cat scratch fever once when my kitteh freaked about bath time and poked me in the face with his claws. Having cat scratch fever means No Sympathy At All from friends while enduring far far too many renditions of the Ted Nugent song. sad smiley

Posted by: decay
Date: December 02, 2009 10:53AM

(i miss phil hartman)
Posted by: timg
Date: December 02, 2009 12:18PM
Mike Sellers
Just wait until the next full moon . . .

No, no, no. She was bitten by a cat, not a werewolf.
Posted by: S.Taylor
Date: December 02, 2009 04:15PM
Diarrhea is one issue with antibiotics, a yeast infection is yet another. I always purchase yeast medication along with the antibiotics any time my wife has them prescribed. It saves me a trip.

This remote controlled tree is a must for the person who wants to be on the cutting edge of Christmas technology.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: December 02, 2009 06:40PM
When I was eight, I was bitten on the lip by a cat from down the street that I thought I was helping home. No harm done, but it wasn't until years later that I realized how lucky I was.

It is what it is.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 80
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020