Posted by: Grateful11
Date: December 30, 2009 05:11PM
No not since late March.

Grateful11
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Work much this week?
Posted by: billb
Date: December 30, 2009 05:18PM
I tried to take a pic where I was outside in the freezing cold nasty biting wind yesterday, but the lens on my camera glazed over white like a sheet of paper.

I thought the 'fresh air' did me some good yesterday, whilst fighting a head cold, but I'm paying for it today.
Posted by: Black
Date: December 30, 2009 05:31PM
Same as any other, except for the forced vacation day on Friday.
Very light schedule tomorrow-- I absolutely hate days like that.
But too frustrated that I only have 3 vacation days banked to think of taking it off . . .

New forum user map 8/2015: [www.zeemaps.com]
Posted by: dmann
Date: December 30, 2009 05:36PM
Nope. I really slow down after Thanksgiving, so I've been pretty relaxed for the past few weeks.

Enjoying it while I can because I am on the road almost non-stop from Jan 12- Feb 15.

DM
Posted by: D & C @ Work
Date: December 30, 2009 05:46PM
Swamped, working all this week and most likely the weekend. I'll take tomorrow and Friday off though but continue to think about what needs to be done. Then back on Monday at full throttle...

D & C @ Work (of course)
Posted by: Anthony
Date: December 30, 2009 05:49PM
Playing a house concert of solo violin music tonight.

I guess that's work...
Posted by: Will Collier
Date: December 30, 2009 05:57PM
One of the remaining benefits of working for a big company in an old-line industry is this: shutting down from Christmas Eve through New Year's Day. That made for a VERY nice holiday this year.
Posted by: bazookaman
Date: December 30, 2009 06:41PM
Yesterday I helped a friend move from 10am until 10pm. (its hard loading a moving van in the dark). Than I helped again today. Arrived same time but got to leave at 6.

Posted by: Don C
Date: December 30, 2009 09:04PM
I always take off the week between Christmas and New Years, spending a good part of the week preparing for the NY eve party here. Spent most of today cleaning my home office and filing stuff that I've been piling up in anticipation of some time to get around to it.

THIS year is special because I won't go back to work on the 4th! Jan 1 is my first day of retirement. I have been VERY lucky staying with the same employer for 33 years doing work that some folks found helpful. Boss even let me stay with my Macs when everybody else moved to the dark side (I was slow moving from my //GS to a Mac too but got away from this transition).
Posted by: mstudio
Date: December 30, 2009 09:46PM
No paying work this week, but I've been spending most of my time painting and cleaning my rental house. New tenant moving in on Friday and my last peeps were pigs....
Posted by: Bernie
Date: December 30, 2009 09:48PM
I have been off since the 23rd at 11:30 PM until Saturday the 2nd. I have to go in on the weekend for start up fun and games. Only the holidays are paid but I will take time off without pay. It was and is needed.

Staunton, Virginia
Posted by: clay
Date: December 30, 2009 10:04PM
off work this week--very nice to have a break. trying to get things done here and there, seeing lots of friends and family, etc.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 138
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020