advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
How to accept online orders?
Posted by: h'
Date: April 19, 2006 11:15AM
I need to learn how to set up an online ordering system.
It doesn't have to be too fancy . . . are there affordable, or open-source ready-made solutions?
Thanks!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: How to accept online orders?
Date: April 19, 2006 11:16AM
PS should be mac-based . . .

I suffer from the same sensitivity that you do. A few nuggets of wisdom were shared with me and I'm "trying" to incorporate them into my life. First, remember that nobody can hurt your feelings unless you let them. You can always reject what is being forced on you emotionally.
Second, nothing changes unless you change it. If you don't want the behavior to be repeated then you need to take action. Otherwise the kid has learned that his behavior is the way to get things done, because everyone lets him get away with it.
In the meantime I sympathize because I've been there.
-beerman
Posted by: Seacrest
Date: April 19, 2006 11:20AM
I want a pony.

I am not Ryan Seacrest, and I do not approve this message.
Date: April 19, 2006 11:34AM
Seacrest, where does that come from? A song?

I suffer from the same sensitivity that you do. A few nuggets of wisdom were shared with me and I'm "trying" to incorporate them into my life. First, remember that nobody can hurt your feelings unless you let them. You can always reject what is being forced on you emotionally.
Second, nothing changes unless you change it. If you don't want the behavior to be repeated then you need to take action. Otherwise the kid has learned that his behavior is the way to get things done, because everyone lets him get away with it.
-beerman
Posted by: karsen
Date: April 19, 2006 11:37AM
PayPal?
Posted by: clay
Date: April 19, 2006 11:37AM
-paypal (look for the toolkit to use with Dreamweaver if you have that), otherwise, it's still a usable solution

-there are plenty of shopping carts for free out there, but you'll still need a payment processor like paypal or a Credit Card merchant account and all that (which will cost you a lot more than paypal)
Date: April 19, 2006 11:40AM
OK, I found a great way for SteveJobs to spend his hefty tax refund:
[www.equusite.com]

And I found broken traces of an application called "I want a Pony" on versiontracker. Leading me to believe that was a serious suggestion. Got a link??

-beerman
Date: April 19, 2006 11:44AM
Oh yeah-- forgot about the accepting payment piece.
Should have some sort of very basic inventory control system as well . . .

Wish I'd have kept notes on some of the checkout systems I've been referred to by eBay sellers to complete an auction -- need to start doing so. Every now and then you come across one and think "that was pretty good".

-beerman
Posted by: tronnei
Date: April 19, 2006 11:49AM
I have a rather simple store I set up on my website with PayPal as the payment processor:

[www.ronnei.com]

Details from PayPal:

[www.paypal.com]
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: April 19, 2006 12:07PM
OMG!!! PONIES!!!

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Date: April 19, 2006 02:37PM
Thanks Tronnel.
I've never trusted Paypal, but considering the alternatives for being able to accept credit cards, it sure is the best game in town . . . are there alternative services that do similar things?
Thanks!

-beerman
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 170
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020