advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
I love tracking numbers
Posted by: blooz
Date: December 21, 2005 08:45PM
I just checked the tracking number for an item I ordered monday night. I didn't expect much because i selected "ground" since anything else would have cost more than the item itself.
So I looked and UPS said it had been delivered already! I have 2 entrances, one of which is used by my tenant and I never think to check it, so I went and checked it and there were TWO packages!
It's starting to feel like Christmas.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: I love tracking numbers
Posted by: rgG
Date: December 21, 2005 08:51PM
Did you get my package? I'll bet that trip to SC was just a ruse to sneak it up north to you. You send that back right now! smiling smiley

Seriously though, I caught the USPS lady going around to the garage the other day. I was home and went running around there to retrieve the parcel. About scared the poor woman to death. I told her someone was usually home and she could just leave future things at the front door instead of hiding them in the bushes like big Easter Eggs. All the different services hide them in different spots. It's like going on a scavenger hunt everytime I order something. I wonder where the UPS guy will put it tomorrow, assuming it actually gets here.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: December 21, 2005 08:53PM
I recieved a UPS package on Monday, but the website tells me that they are still expecting the package from the shipper. Oh well.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: December 21, 2005 09:48PM
last monday i ordered an item to ship to friends. i have amazon prime which gives me free two-day shipping but amazon's page said the item wasn't eligible for two day or overnight. my friends needed it by friday since they were leaving town. standard shipping said it might be there by friday.

they got the delivery Wednesday. UPS tracking at the time of delivery was still showing that UPS had only received shipping notice. go figure.
Posted by: microchip13
Date: December 21, 2005 10:22PM
I want my cell phone.

Unfortunatly it was shipped via USPS, so while I can track it, it's worthless.

Just because it has two clutches, shifts faster, uses a torque converter or has near-infinite gear ratios, requires less driver intervention and is more efficient doesn't make it better in my opinion.
Save The Manual Transmission
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: December 22, 2005 01:37PM
Unfortunatly it was shipped via USPS, so while I can track it, it's worthless.

Why order a worthless cellphone? Seems silly, but that's just me.

Did the seller ship it Express Mail? That's the only service they have that provides a tracking number.

The other services offer confirmation of service, not tracking. Depending on the vendor, they may not have provided the item to the USPS when they provided the number. That is to say, just because they gave the USPS the confirmation number, doesn't mean they actually sent the item.

Usually I see the date the item was accepted (if it wasn't part of a huge shipment) and the date it's delivered, the latter being what the shipper paid for.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

I *love* Sigs. It's Glocks I hate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 75
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020