advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Ughhh...Is This A New Trend We Can All Look Forward To? (Re Home Depot Spam)
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: April 20, 2006 12:06AM
Latest spam from Home Depot - seems to attempt to bypass anti-spam legislation:

Dear Valued Home Depot Customer,

A recent audit indicates that we may have inadvertently removed you from receiving Home Depot promotional emails as a result of a purchase you made on homedepot.com in 2005.

We sincerely apologize for our mistake and for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you would like to resume receiving emails from The Home Depot about unadvertised specials, new products and store promotions, simply click here to opt back in. If you do not wish to opt back in, disregard this message.

In appreciation of your business, we would also like to offer you 10%* off any purchase on homedepot.com through April 21st. Simply enter code XF7 upon checkout.

Sincerely,
Your friends at homedepot.com

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Ughhh...Is This A New Trend We Can All Look Forward To? (Re Home Depot Spam)
Posted by: decocritter
Date: April 20, 2006 12:32AM
Oh yeah. I got one in the mail for 10% off my first purchase if I opened a credit card with them.

I went the other day and they were making continous LOUD announcements in Spanish. I could not hear the sales associate over them.

They are as bad as WalMart.

I like Lowes better.
Re: Ughhh...Is This A New Trend We Can All Look Forward To? (Re Home Depot Spam)
Posted by: Kiva
Date: April 20, 2006 01:49AM
when the original founders sold, that place went in the crapper. They employ kids who don't know wtf they are doing..it used to be a great place to go and get guidance on home projectsm, but those types of employees cost too much. Lowe's isn't much better..

kiva

----------------------
Posted by: morlock
Date: April 20, 2006 02:26AM
Now be fair, don't be ageist. Most of their older employees are worthless, too.
Posted by: spearmint
Date: April 20, 2006 08:04AM
I have a young friend who just got hired in Denver. His thumb would be smashed if he ever picked up a hammer. They used to hire skilled professionals who really knew what they were doing. It was a nice idea but they won't work for $8 hour. Used to be up to $14 for skilled workers in CA.

Da Good Life
Posted by: kap
Date: April 20, 2006 09:03AM
Used to work for Home Depot. I quit after 3 months. It was HELL. You're right, most (if not all) of employees don't know anything due to insufficient training. The managers have slave-drive mentality. The hours are pitiful, i.e. start at 9am leave at 5pm. Go home. Come back for the 7pm-3am shift. Most of employees are sleep deprived! Employee overturn is high. Even our own contractors warn, "Shop there if you know what you're doing. Refuse any DIY help from HD employees."

We often shop at ACE hardware store or the small mom-n-pops.

Kap

SoCal for now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2006 09:04AM by kap.
Posted by: M A V I C
Date: April 20, 2006 06:35PM
I'm looking for a good hardware store in the Seattle area. Preferably something in the north seattle area. So if any of you have any suggestions...

I tried a place in Ballard (Crown Hill?) but they don't ever seem to have what I'm looking for.

Help MacInTouch: Buy from Amazon? use this link [amazon.com]
Mac News & Info: [macintouch.com] [macnn.com] [tuaw.com]
Mac Benchmarks: [barefeats.com]
Used Mac Stuff [FS/T]: LowEndMac Swap List
Mac Software Updates: [macupdate.com]
Fonts: [dafont.com] [fontspace.com]
Online Computer Store With Mac Support: [macsales.com]
Posted by: bruceko
Date: April 20, 2006 11:36PM
try Mclendons
woodinville Renton Puyallup
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 106
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020