advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Word help, please
Posted by: DP
Date: January 14, 2010 10:24AM
I don't use it much to create new docs so I'm sure you all might snicker but I want to delete a page and can't figure out how. Even Help is no help.
I am updating a syllabus for the new semester and I use an older syllabus and just update it. I am using docs that were not created by me so I just change dates and lessons, etc. That I can do. But I have added new lessons that made the document create a third page. I trimmed it back to two pages (I have it printed two-sided) but when I print it it prints a third page; blank of course.
I want to get rid of Page 3 but I'll be da**ed if I can figure it out! Help, please!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Word help, please
Posted by: Diana
Date: January 14, 2010 10:32AM
I'm not sure which version of Word you are using, but here goes.

Click on the "paragraph" button to reveal the paragraph markers, or go into the menus to "reveal paragraphs." They appear to be (almost) a backward P. It is possible that you have enough of these at the bottom of the document that when you go to print, the reformat that Word does for the specific printer you are using causes them to go onto the next page. Go to the bottom of the document and simply delete them.

When working with Word I usually just leave the paragraph markers visible. It makes fixing problems such as this easier. If this is not the problem, then I dunno.

Good luck with it.

Diana
Posted by: Kiva
Date: January 14, 2010 11:04AM
Diana
I'm not sure which version of Word you are using, but here goes.

Click on the "paragraph" button to reveal the paragraph markers, or go into the menus to "reveal paragraphs." They appear to be (almost) a backward P. It is possible that you have enough of these at the bottom of the document that when you go to print, the reformat that Word does for the specific printer you are using causes them to go onto the next page. Go to the bottom of the document and simply delete them.

When working with Word I usually just leave the paragraph markers visible. It makes fixing problems such as this easier. If this is not the problem, then I dunno.

Good luck with it.

Diana
agree smiley

oh, and the word help is useless. Just google future questions, though that may not get you far either... smiling smiley

----------------------
Posted by: AlphaDog
Date: January 14, 2010 11:11AM
Or, you can just scroll to the third page, which is blank but visible, click on it anywhere so you get the cursor, then keep hitting delete until you've backed up to the bottom of the second page. Diana is right, and you may have paragraphs or you might simply have a whole bunch of lines beyond the end of your text. It really doesn't matter which it is, they need to be deleted from the end of the document.

Or, if you can't get rid of the third page that way, when you get ready to print, just select a page range instead of whole document and limit printing to page 1 through 2. smiling smiley
Posted by: DP
Date: January 14, 2010 01:19PM
Thanx all.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 82
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020