advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
car carrier delivery deal ?
Posted by: Psurfer
Date: April 24, 2006 09:26AM
I need a car delivered on a carrier from the mid-west, to the west coast. Nothing rare, does not require covering in transit. Any suggestions to save a family member some dollars?

[I also asked this Q a week ago]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: car carrier delivery deal ?
Posted by: spearmint
Date: April 24, 2006 09:32AM
Can't you find some kid in college who wants a road trip to California? Pay his expenses at cheap motels and gas and fly him back on Southwest. Road Trip! Insurance is the concern.

Da Good Life
Posted by: SteveJobs
Date: April 24, 2006 09:42AM
What part of MIDWEST?
What will you pay for service and airfare back?
What dates are needed?
I might be able to (find someone).
I did this once for a Guatemalan student who attended Purdue and needed it to be driven to the port where her car was loaded in Florida.

Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: April 24, 2006 10:29AM
I would be game for a drive as well. Where is the car at? The owners insurance should cover someone else driving the car with the permission of the owner.

I've done a few drives from Texas to Iowa or MN before for cars I have bought. There is no way I will buy anything used in IA, rust everywhere.
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: April 24, 2006 02:40PM
I'm not sure that you want somone else driving your car under your insurance. Any accident or infraction on their part might wind up involving you.

In some jurisdictions, drunk driving can result in loss of vehicle, even if it doesn't belong to the driver. Or worse, consider the risk of an accident where the driver is impaired (drugs, alcohol, or lack of sleep). The victims can name you in the lawsuit.

Transport of the vehicle would help eliminate most of these risks. If you do decide to have someone drive the car for you, speak with your insurance agent first to make sure that you are properly protected.
Posted by: Psurfer
Date: April 24, 2006 08:43PM
Sorry if I wasn't specific enough: I'm looking for a deal (if there is one to be had) for an auto transport that carries the car over the road to its destination, not someone to drive it for me.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 145
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020