advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
I'm starting to really like eMusic
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: April 25, 2006 12:42PM
I just found that you can re-download any file that you've already purchased. I was trying to download some files to my Linux computer and found that I didn't have the eMusic Download manager, so I couldn't get the files. I contacted their customer support and after a few back-and-forths they told me this:

Thank you for contacting eMusic Customer Support.

Once you click on a track or album to download, your account is debited at that time. If you attempt to download a full album, your remaining downloads will be reduced by the number of tracks on that album.

Once you have selected a track from eMusic, you are allowed to re-download it as many times as you like without losing download credits provided that the album is still available through eMusic and your account is active.

In order to re-download tracks or view what tracks you have downloaded, please follow these steps:

1. Log in to your eMusic account
2. Click on the Your Profile tab on the homepage
3. Click on the Downloads button
4. Select the Artists, Albums and Tracks you wish to download from the list provided
5. Click on the album you wish to download tracks from.
6. Click the blue arrow located next to the track name you are interested in.

If you wish to download an entire album, you may do so by clicking each arrow next to the tracks.

If you are still experiencing difficulty, please reply with further details including any error messages you are seeing or any other observations that will help us solve your issue.

This is very similar to the arrangement on Audible.com which I really like.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: I'm starting to really like eMusic
Posted by: S.Taylor
Date: April 25, 2006 12:54PM
Nice feature. I've heard of people losing all their iTunes purchases, and they're just SOL.

Posted by: rz
Date: April 25, 2006 03:12PM
S.Taylor Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice feature. I've heard of people losing all
> their iTunes purchases, and they're just SOL.

Unless of course they backup their computer. If they don't, then they get what they deserve.
Posted by: silvarios
Date: April 25, 2006 03:44PM
You don't need the eMusic Download Manager for downloading tracks. You only need eMusic's software for the one click simplicity of downloading the entire album. If you disable the eMusic Download Manager from your eMusic account page, your web browser can now handle downloading individual tracks.

Of course, you will have to create artist folders, and album subfolders manually, but now you don't have to fiddle with an extra program just to download your music. Good luck.

Here's my recent article about a few download sites, all DRM free and customer friendly.
[lowendmac.com]

Nathan
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: April 25, 2006 07:18PM
rz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> S.Taylor Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Nice feature. I've heard of people losing
> all
> > their iTunes purchases, and they're just
> SOL.
>
> Unless of course they backup their computer. If
> they don't, then they get what they deserve.

i don't think that is what the OP intended to point out. not making a copy of your data is always a bad idea
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 90
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020