advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
where can I find a decent cup of coffee after 11pm along 880 near SJ or 680 north to 80
Posted by: hal
Date: April 25, 2006 02:07PM
I'll be driving home tonight from san jose (GO SHARKS!) to sacramento with the tail end of a nasty cold. NEED COFFEE, but I'm tired of crappy gas station coffee.

anyone know?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: where can I find a decent cup of coffee after 11pm along 880 near SJ or 680 north to 80
Posted by: $tevie
Date: April 25, 2006 02:31PM
In a thermos?

Re: where can I find a decent cup of coffee after 11pm along 880 near SJ or 680 north to 80
Posted by: papercup
Date: April 25, 2006 02:49PM
[www.peets.com]
Posted by: Silencio
Date: April 25, 2006 03:03PM
I think that's all you're gonna get: gas station or fast food coffee. There are a few drive-through coffee kiosks in the Bay Area, but I have no idea where one would be in San Jose or whether or not they'd be open at that hour.

Maybe have the coffee before the game? Or will the caffeine pass through your system by the time the game ends and you're on the road?

If you can find a 24-hour Safeway, they have half-decent brewed coffee on the premises, usually by the deli/hot prepared foods.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2006 03:07PM by Silencio.
a decent cup of coffee can be found. . .
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: April 25, 2006 03:05PM

@ the Hotel California. . .

or. . .in ma' belly. . .

grinning smiley

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: April 25, 2006 03:34PM
Might be a good time to try out Macdonalds new premium coffee, assuiming the are open that late. You could also try looking in a Safeway Superstore that have FourBucks franchises.

Peets and Caffino both close about 9 pm. FourBucks might have some locations that are open until 11 pm but you have to call the stores directly to find out.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: April 25, 2006 03:36PM
. . .speaking of the McDonald's premium coffee. ..had some this weekend and I like the new coffee cups. . .

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Date: April 25, 2006 03:45PM
GREAT

found a starbux/safeway on mission blvd btween 880 and 680 right on the way home.

perfect - thanx all
Posted by: Seacrest
Date: April 25, 2006 03:54PM
You know this has become a nation of pu%%ies when even our HOCKEY FANS
a.) can't stay up past 11 without chemical stimulation, and
b.) simply MUST have some shi-shi, girly, overpriced, sugary whipped coffee drink instead of just driving home buzzed like real men.

I sound like I kid, but I assure you, I am serious.

I am not Ryan Seacrest, and I do not approve this message.
Posted by: sscutchen
Date: April 25, 2006 03:57PM
Don't know if you can get it to go, but Denny's coffee is pretty tasty. McD's is a good bet. Dunkin' Donuts.

Grocery store Starbucks near me close down pretty early.

Don't ask who the bell's for, dude. It's you.
Date: April 25, 2006 04:01PM
OK seacrest, drop the gloves!!

I'll have you know that I'm driving 5 fukkin hours there and back, have a monster head cold/fluish thing (upper body injury) and am SICK AND TIRED OF CRAP COFFEE.

and when I say a decent cuppa, I mean a CUP OF COFFEE - not some foo-foo milkshake.

Dennys coofee that has sat on a burner for an hour just doesn't do it.

BTW, I see CHeechoo and Hannan in the SJ starbux regularly.
Posted by: Seacrest
Date: April 25, 2006 04:08PM

Don't tempt me!

I am not Ryan Seacrest, and I do not approve this message.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: April 25, 2006 05:09PM
hal,

Call ahead to make sure they will have fresh coffee at the time you will be going by.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: decocritter
Date: April 25, 2006 05:41PM
are you posting while driving??

I think you deserve a great cup of coffee.
Posted by: papercup
Date: April 25, 2006 07:10PM
A handful of chocolate covered espresso beans will do the trick. I buy em by the pound at Whole Foods.

Posted by: Silencio
Date: April 26, 2006 01:23AM
According to legend, it was chocolate covered espresso beans that fueled the initial development of the Macintosh. Many of Herzfeld's entries in folklore.org reference those sweet little timebombs...
Date: April 26, 2006 03:52AM
ah... you're a flyers man... that explains it! :-)

Wouldn't ya know it - massive midnight pileup forced me to take another route so I didn't get to see if they were functioning...

But I DID find a decent cup and made it home just fine. AND enjoyed a GREAT game!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 90
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020