advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Where can I get a USB2 card quick and cheap?
Posted by: BLeonard
Date: December 22, 2005 07:32PM
I bought my son an iPod Nano and then realized that the Mac I gave him last year only has USB 1 which means he will end up using it on his wife's Gateway. I really don't want to give him PC presents.

I'm sure I could find a compatible USB 2 card online but I'm seeing them on Christmas. Will local retailer's gouge me? I need a card for a PowerMac G4/466 Tower.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Where can I get a USB2 card quick and cheap?
Posted by: rexrzer
Date: December 22, 2005 08:00PM
Your local Best Buy should have a 2-port Adaptec AUA-2000 USB 2.0 PCI card, which, according to XLR8YOURMAC.com, supports Deep Sleep and is Mac compatible. Read about USB 2.0 compatibility here, if necessary:
[www.xlr8yourmac.com]

Fry's, Office Max/Office Depot, Sam's Club, and other retailers will probably have USB 2.0 PCI cards that will work in a DA G4 PowerMac, but for a quick fix the Adaptec card would be my choice. I have a SIIG 4-port USB 2.0 PCI card in my DA G4/533 DP tower, and it supports Deep Sleep and is Mac compatible, for example, but you don't have the time to do an internet order.

Hope this helps. Merry Xmas!

What's the difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make some sense.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 87
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020