advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Kathleen Edwards on Austin City Limits ..
Posted by: decocritter
Date: April 29, 2006 11:34PM
a few nights ago. I quite enjoyed her and her band. I had not really paid much attention to her before.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Kathleen Edwards on Austin City Limits ..
Posted by: Kraniac
Date: April 30, 2006 02:54AM
This girl is very talented and likes to cuss a bit.

I saw her at the Double Door in Chicago a while back and she was incredible. GREAT band. Had never heard of her and a friend o mine said.."got to check this girl, Kathleen Edward, out." Went, and enjoyed. Wish I could have seen this Austin city Limits episode.
Posted by: Mike Sellers
Date: April 30, 2006 08:16AM
Yeah, iTunes offered her "Back To Me" as one of their free downloads last year and it really stuck out. I've found a few of her live concerts online and she does have a bit of a potty mouth but uses it in such a charming way. She also has two websites, kathleenedwards.com and kathleenedwards.org and they have different information on them. The .org has a much more comprehensive discography.

Wish I had caught the ACL. I'll have to check and see when it's repeated.
Posted by: JoeM
Date: April 30, 2006 12:27PM
Caught the show last weekend. I love watching Austin City Limits and have learned about some great, unknown talent there. She and her band were rockin'.

JoeM
Posted by: kj
Date: April 30, 2006 06:02PM
Wish I'd seen it. I d/l one of her albums from iTunes. Reminds me slightly of Lucinda Williams. kj.
Posted by: decocritter
Date: April 30, 2006 07:00PM
Lucinda is one of my favorites.
Posted by: Mike Sellers
Date: April 30, 2006 08:02PM
About 15 years ago, a friend of mine gave me a tape of an ACL featuring Roseanne Cash. I FINALLY got around to watching it last month (hey, I've been busy) and it wasn't just Roseanne but Bruce Cockburn and Lucinda Williams with a really, really bad haircut. What a great show.
Posted by: kj
Date: April 30, 2006 10:05PM
lucinda actually did a show here in a small club about 2 or 3 yrs. ago, and man did I enjoy it. she had a couple great guitarists. one guy with a strat, and the other with a red hollowbody of some sort. really good music, and she was surprisingly light-hearted (they were drinking, I would say :-) kj.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 157
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020