advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
OT: Help in finding The Police reunion vid
Posted by: tuqqer
Date: April 30, 2006 08:54PM
This is a long shot, but I'm wondering if anyone can help me find a video of The Police reunion at their induction to the Rock and Roll Hall of fame back in 2003.

While I'm at it, if anyone knows where I can find a vid of Cream's reunion at the Royal Albert Hall a few years back, pass it on as well.

Mac mini (M1 2020, 16G 2T) Big Sur 11.x Dual 25" Acer 1440p LCDs11" i5 MacBook Air
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: OT: Help in finding The Police reunion vid
Posted by: Stephanie
Date: April 30, 2006 09:18PM
how about this?

[shop.vendio.com]
Posted by: incognegro
Date: May 01, 2006 08:10AM
"PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR DVD PLAYER IS COMPATIBLE WITH ALL DVD FORMATS (+/-) BEFORE PURCHASING."

aka, it's a burn.
Posted by: Will Collier
Date: May 01, 2006 01:43PM
I wouldn't spend any money on that one. It was a terrible performance. Andy Summers couldn't even play his own parts any more. My wife is a huge Police fan, and she turned it off halfway through the first song.
Date: May 01, 2006 01:46PM
On the other hand, I believe the Cream RAH show is out on an official DVD. I know it was broadcast on PBS a few months back.
Date: May 01, 2006 02:03PM
Will Collier Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> On the other hand, I believe the Cream RAH show is
> out on an official DVD. I know it was broadcast
> on PBS a few months back.

Thanks for the headsup, Will. I grabbed it just now on Netflix.

Still, I'd love to see that Police performance at their induction.

Mac mini (M1 2020, 16G 2T) Big Sur 11.x Dual 25" Acer 1440p LCDs11" i5 MacBook Air
Date: May 01, 2006 02:56PM
Trust me, you didn't miss anything.
Date: May 01, 2006 03:45PM
lol. I'll take your word for it.

I saw The Police live, by complete chance, while hitch hiking through France back in the spring of 1980. I'd just had my passport and a lot of my traveler's checks stolen, and was at an all-time low. After hanging out near the local police station for a few days, just to see if they could find anything, I finally woke one morning, determined to just hitch to Marseille US embassy, get a new passport, and just get on with things. In my grim state, I ended up on the wrong road, further fueling this feeling like I couldn't do anything right. I thought, fk it, I'm just going to walk until this black cloud disperses. An hour later, I got picked up by a cold-shouldered French woman who made me speak only my broken French to her. Three hours later of driving, she asked if I wanted to buy her spare Police ticket, playing that evening in Toulon. Up until then, I didn't like the band, but that night changed everything. Held in a large outdoor tent right on a beach, with 3,000 others, that remains one of the most awe-inspring concerts I've ever seen.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 108
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020