advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Dell Tech support hell...
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: May 02, 2006 11:12AM
How much money do you have to spend with Dell to be treated like an intelligent human? I have a dead Dell computer at work. It is one of about 90 Dell computers at this site, one of about 700 nationwide in my company. This computer is dead. It has no graphics, no network, the troubleshooting LEDs on the back are lit up like a Christmas Tree. It is an ex-computer. I still have to run through pages 1-30 of the troubleshooting script...
1) Have you reseated the video card?
IT HAS NO VIDEO CARD. IT IS INTEGRATED WITH THE MOBO.
2) Have you reseated the network card?
IT HAS NO NETWORK CARD. IT IS INTEGRATED WITH THE MOBO.
3) Is this a recent problem?
NO, WE'VE BEEN USING THE COMPUTER FOR MONTHS WITHOUT A MONITOR, NETWORK, KEYBOARD, MOUSE, RAM, HARDDRIVE, OR ANY OTHER TYPE OF INTERACTION. IT IS STRICTLY A TELEPATHIC INTERACTION. OF COURSE THIS IS A RECENT DEVELOPMENT. THE COMPUTER IS DEAD. THE LITTLE GREEN LED POWER LIGHT IS THE ONLY SIGN OF LIFE.
4) Ok sir, I'm going to send a technician out in 3-5 days to troubleshoot the issue.
TROUBLESHOOT THE ISSUE?!?! THE COMPUTER IS DEAD. NO CPU. NO MOBO. SEND ME A NEW COMPUTER OR A BAG OF PARTS TO BUILD ONE. WHY WASTE MY TIME BABYSITTING A TECH FOR 3 HOURS OF KICKING A DEAD HORSE?
5)Is there anything else I can help you with sir.
NO THANKS, YOU'VE OBVIOUSLY GONE ABOVE AND BEYOND THE CALL OF DUTY. THAT WILL BE ALL...

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Dell Tech support hell...
Posted by: blusubaru
Date: May 02, 2006 11:16AM
My experience also. Thank goodness I didn't own the machine, and looks like you don't either. There is no way to deal with those apes (reference to Zoolander, pounding on the iMac).
Posted by: ajakeski
Date: May 02, 2006 11:18AM
I've been there. I feel your pain.

I'm not a bad guy! I work hard, and I love my kids. So why should I spend half my Sunday hearing about how I'm going to Hell? -Homer.
Posted by: papercup
Date: May 02, 2006 11:23AM
It is an ex-parrot.
Posted by: Donkey Hotay
Date: May 02, 2006 11:40AM
It has joined the choir celestial.

=DH
Donkey (Ye Olde Farte of ye Internette) Hotay is a Tilted Windmill® enterprise.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: May 02, 2006 01:30PM
If it wasn't nailed to the perch it would be pushing up the daisies!
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: May 02, 2006 04:23PM
Reminds me of my neighbors experience calling Dell Home Tech Support, in beautiful downtown Bangalore.

Hello, Dell Computer, how may I assist you ?

Hi. I need to send my Dell computer back for warranty replacement.

I see. I am sorry you are having problems with your Dell Computer. What Operating System are you running ?

Let me skip all that. The computer is on the floor. It is open. It is all black and smoky, and water is dripping out of it.

Water ?

Yes. My wife called the Fire department when it caught fire and burned up my desk.

uhhhh......

- - -
He said they sent him a new machine express, it arrived in a day. They told him not to send the old one back. He said he'd never gone through the help desk script so fast.
Posted by: Jack D.
Date: May 02, 2006 08:01PM
Bought from Dell once. Not even if they gave me the stuff for free would I go through that experience again.

Dell blows.

- Jack D.

New tasteless sig coming soon!
Posted by: Sam3
Date: May 02, 2006 09:43PM
Dell support is fine if you buy the upgraded service plans. If it's through a business, the Gold plan rocks. You get to a second-level US tech who can skip over the 30 question routine provided you ran the Dell diagnostics (if you can).

Now don't knock Dell so much, remember Apple is now offshoring tech support to probably the same call centers in Bangalore. Don't be surprised if soon we'll be hearing the same complaints.
Posted by: kap
Date: May 02, 2006 10:24PM
Owning 6 month old Dell laptop I feel the Dell tech support pain as well. I also agree with Sam3 regarding Apple recent off-shore tech support.

Kap

SoCal for now.
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: May 02, 2006 10:40PM
I WAS using Gold Tech support. He WAS a 2nd Level techy.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Posted by: fmgtech
Date: May 02, 2006 11:23PM
It's not dead. It's just stunned.

Or just pining for the fjords.

Sorry couldn't resist.
Posted by: Sam3
Date: May 04, 2006 11:38AM
Oh... sorry.

My experience has been positive with the US support, terrible with the one time I ended up with Bangalore support.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 120
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020